Odin Recovery Wil no Longer Recover :(

geoandroiddaddy

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
ok, so... I got into the habit of not paying attention. I was confident in my abilities to root and unroot and Recover from Odin without flinching. Now, even though Odin I500 Recovery will recover the bloatware and remove the root, It completely killed my abilities to send & Receive sms/mms as well as Installing apps from the market. When I look at the phone info it says the following:

hardware i500.04
Firmware 2.1 update 1 :(
Baseband s:i500.04 V.EA28
Kernel 2.6.29
Build SCH-I500.DH12

When i try to update through innopath Activecare It doesnt.... It blocks the update as if i were still rooted and im not. :( I root and unroot from Z4Root all the time.

Please help, I think I finally broke my phone...

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Phone is not broken. However you cannot re-root using Z4Root after the EA28 update got pushed to your phone.

It would appear there is a modem conflict with your current ROM.. you have DH12 Build working on a EA28 modem.

My opinion is to full flash in Odin to fix all the conflicts at one time...

You can get back to DL09 or DI01 -> look here

You can get to DL30 here

Or you can go for EB01 -> here

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Which Downgrade would you personally recommend?

Downgrade: I have used the DL09 Odin full flash. It is not rooted but can easily be rooted by either the one click method or the CWM+Root combo Method - Rooting link

When you use the full flash method it will put your phone back to 'out of the box' condition. Full set up required. You will loose everything. All contacts will have to be backed up (Google). All apps you loaded will be erased and all the bloat for DL09 will be present.

That will put you back to stock (DL09) - Rooted. I have not encountered a rooting of EA28... Edit: just read where it can be done. But you don't have a full EA28 package. Most people opt to just flash full DL30 or EB01.

Last edited:

geoandroiddaddy

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
When I try and download both from Megaupload I get the following error after the download reaches 17%

DL09 & DI01: C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\DI01package3.tar.tar.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

DL09:

geoandroiddaddy

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
It says content is not supported on the phone when I try downloading it from the phone. On both PCs I am the only administrator. A dropbox link would be awesome.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: geoandroiddaddy

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Ahhhh it didnt :( I dont think im doing anything wrong. It must be my connection :( Would via email be possible?

File is too large to be transmitted that way. It almost appears as though there is some kind of service or software prohibiting you from receiving/downloading files.

Does your ISP (Internet Service Provider) offer a service to prevent downloads?

What browser are you using? You may try to right-click on the link and "Save Target As".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts