POLL - DL30 Froyo Build by C Streater 02/01/11 ? Up and Running??

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Up and running with no issues other than the few known (long press on search, VM icon FC on dialer app, and maybe more that do not impact me)

came from:

supah clean .4 rom
12/30 non voodoo kernel
DL09 radio

to

Leak FROYO rom DL30
2.6.32.9 kernel
DL09 radio

flashed via old green CWR with wipe data, cache, and dalvik. Loving it!

Running shortly after first post.

Still want to understand more about the WIFI tether being seen by big brother.

CC

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
First time I did this, got force close loop, second time worked like a charm, home key didnt work but a battery pull did the job. Email app kept force closing so I just dont use it anymore. Other than that, works like a charm.

drberezin

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Got mine up and running yesterday afternoon.

Firmware: 2.2.1
Baseband: S:i500.04. V.DL09
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build: SCH-I500.DL30

I posted the following in the "Leaked DL30 Froyo Build" thread (and I'm sure it's lost in there), but this thread seemed like a good place to mention it:

• I started from a DL09 OTA stock ROM that I had rooted.
  • Copied the Froyo zip to my card.
  • Installed the CWM Red but made the mistake of rebooting and not going right into recovery. When I went into recovery it was the standard Samsung one. Had to push CWM Red again and immediately went into recovery this time.
  • Wiped data and cache.
  • Installed the Froyo zip.
  • BAM - I had Froyo!
  • After the initial setup, I re-downloaded MyBackup Pro to restore my apps and their data since the only apps on the market for me were the paid ones. Unfortunately, all the market links were gone (differences between 2.1 and 2.2 perhaps).
  • Used AppBrain to go through the apps - view details - view in Market then reinstalled. Took about 20 minutes, but I had all my settings from MyBackup Pro intact.

Use LauncherPro Plus, Beautiful Widgets, Handcent and everything seems to be working fine. Definitely quicker. Ran Linpack and it scored 13.546 MFLOPS in 6.19 seconds. If I remember right, it used to be high 8's or 9's.

Anyway, Froyo is a great addition on this phone. What it should have been from the start.

Thanks again to Cory and the whole AC forums community.

Rick83

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Quick and easy install!!!

However, several weeks ago my phone locked up when I tried to remove the lagfix before attempting the DL09 OTA. I hoped that froyo was around the corner so when I went back to stock and did OTA DL09 I didnt root or do any other enhancements.

FW 2.2.1
Baseband S:i500.04 V.DL09
Kernel 2.6.32.9
Build SCH-I500.DL30

JJRocker

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Up and running wonderfully. Flashed 3 different ROMs but went back to the original leak because I want the Media Hub...lol. I'm a total noob at the rooting thing, but had zero issues through numerous flashes...probably because I was too scared not to follow the directions to a "T". Will most likely go to another ROM as soon as I figure out how to use Media Hub and a couple other apps with them.

-Edit

I'm also running Touch of Blue theme.

-Firmware 2.2.1
-Baseband S:i500.04 V.DL09
-Kernel 2.6.32.9
-Build SCH-I500.DL30

AsianGloBo

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Running great here! Love it!

I did have FC's at first, so i just flashed DI01, to OTA DL09, to DL30. Everything worked perfectly! Still a few bugs, but overall clean! Thanks to the developer, and the great write-ups!

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
anyone else have that problem after flashing and setting everything up where all the app placements and settings reset after a reboot?

Had that the first time I tried it. Went back to DL09 with Odin, flashed new cwm and installed from there instead of red.

Up and running. Very happy. Official release from VZ should have the few little quirks cleaned up even though I'm not effected by them in my normal use. Just waiting for some themes and kernels to play with.

-Firmware 2.2.1
-Kernel 2.6.32.9
-Build SCH-I500.DL30

NoHolidaysForAHooker

Jan 12, 2011
noholidaysforahooker.tumblr.com
Had that the first time I tried it. Went back to DL09 with Odin, flashed new cwm and installed from there instead of red.

Up and running. Very happy. Official release from VZ should have the few little quirks cleaned up even though I'm not effected by them in my normal use. Just waiting for some themes and kernels to play with.

-Firmware 2.2.1
-Kernel 2.6.32.9
-Build SCH-I500.DL30

ah, cool. i'll get to that later today after class. i'm so used to reboots and battery pulls coming from a blackberry that having everything reset was driving me crazy

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Works GREAT! I love everything except the email. I use Outlook for work and cannot get the emails. I tried K-9, but it does not load my outlook email, it just stares at me.

That is the only thing I do not like. But this was a leak.

EDIT:
FOUND THE FIX!!! AN ASOP File from Adrenlyne worked perfectly!!!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2056318/upda...aosp_email.zip

Last edited:

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Works GREAT! I love everything except the email. I use Outlook for work and cannot get the emails. I tried K-9, but it does not load my outlook email, it just stares at me.

That is the only thing I do not like. But this was a leak.

If you're looking to sync with an outlook exchange, try Touch Down.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Up and running and everything seems to be great except for battery drain. Unplugged a little over an hour ago and I'm already down to 76%. Later today will reset battery stats and update prl to see if that helps.

Came from:
supah clean .4
Adrynalyne test 5 non_voodoo uv kernel
DL-09 radio
Blackmod enhanced theme

Now:
DL_30 super clean 0.8
2.6.32.9 kernel
DL_09 radio
really liked the blackmod enhanced so waiting for that, but might also try jt's gingerbread theme

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Up and running. Adrynalyne - SuperClean.8

• Firmware 2.2.1
  • Basband 5:i500.04 V.DL09
  • Kernel 2.6.32.9
  • Build number SCH-I500.DL30

Last edited: