Can't transfer between Pixel 7 and Windows PC

RhinoCan

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
I bought a new Pixel 7 on Tuesday to take advantage of the Black Friday sales. I was able to transfer nearly all of my data from my old phone, a Pixel 3 to the new phone, by connecting them via a USB-C to USB-C cable and following the instructions that displayed as soon as the new phone powered on. It transferred practically everything effortlessly, including games that I was playing, without even losing my current scores. That was impressive!

A few things didn't transfer though so I need to upload them from my laptop running Windows 10. That is NOT going well! I've tried various USB-C to USB-A cables to connect the two devices but I am unable to change my USB preferences in the Pixel 7 so that I can select File Transfer/Android Auto.

What do I need to do to enable file transfers between my laptop and the Pixel 7?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked that the USB ports on the PC aren't being put to sleep to conserve battery? Have you tried a different USB port on your PC?

Reactions: mustang7757

RhinoCan

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I finally got the file transfers to work by using yet another cable that I hadn't tried previously. I'm darned if I understand why the hardware should be so sensitive but that cleared up the problem.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000