Help with Force Closes on EB01

dklemp

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
So i flashed stock EB01 about a week ago but and everything was perfectly fine then yesterday all my apps started force closing and now nothing but messaging and the browser will work. this happened when i first flashed the rom but it was easily fixed with rom manager fixing permissions. now the problem is back but i dumbly uninstalled rom manager so i cannot fix permissions. does anyone have any solutions. Ive tried a wipe/restore and clearing caches... it just keeps happening

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
did you use odin to flash EB01? Might not hurt to redownload and reflash, might have a corrupted file somewhere... if you dont want to go through all that, go to 4shared.com - free file sharing and storage and download rom manager there, then transfer to sdcard... then you can open it with astro, root explorer, or file manager, and install it...

if you go to 4shared.com , make sure you download a current file, and make sure it is an .apk file

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
welll fixing permissions through clockwork didnt work.. gonna try to reflash i suppose

Fixing permissions is not working in Clockwork for the Fascinate. If you want to stay on stock, follow DroidXcon's instructions in post #7 here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html
Also, go into menu=>settings=>privacy and make sure automatic restore is unchecked. It's a pretty novel idea if it would work. It is designed to reload all your apps for you after a wipe or ROM upgrade or anything like that. Problem is, unlike restoring your apps through Titanium backup or MyBackup Pro or any other program like that, this automatic restore tries to restore all of your apps at the same time instead of one right after the other. Causing all kinds of force close and incomplete restore issues.

Reactions: dklemp

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Boot into Clockwork manually and fix permissions. Phone off>hold both volume and power buttons.

Hey ragnarokx. Good to see you haven't left us yet. I know you have the Epic so just wanted to let you know fix permissions in CWM is not working for the Fascinate right now. Don't know about other phones, but it is definitely not working for us. Adrynalyne gave us a script to run in either terminal emulator or adb that fixes permissions. He has included it in superclean 2.9 so anyone running that ROM does not need to download the script, they can just run it in emulator or adb. Instructions for it are in post #7 of DroidXcon's excellent Clockworkmod thread here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html
Just wanted to give you the info.

Reactions: dklemp