Samsung AC adapter shipped with Gnex

jschriesheim

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I like the size and shape of the AC adapter that shipped with the Galaxy Nexus LTE and would like to purchase another one. The micro USB cable is also thinner and more flexible than most.

I've been unable to find it on Samsung's web site. Anyone know if it can be purchased?

whartpence

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree, it's a good charger. I had Palm Pre phones before I switched to Android and I like their charger even better because the metal prongs fold into the charger when not in use so they don't scratch anything in my backpack. They are about the same size as the GNex charger and you can find them cheap. I use them for the GNex and for other mobile devices and they have always worked fine.

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
i cant stand most chargers that you find in stores cause they are usually the kind that have the foldable prongs. I always seem to have a problem with those types pulling themselves out of the wall with little force cause they start to fold and slip out the socket. I as well would be very interested in buying another stock charger if they had a longer cable available i would definitely get it right away

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I hope they make these available to purchase. It has a very attractive design. Guess it's time to start bugging Samsung to get these out for sale!

anon(525422)

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I like the stock charger. It's a little "screamy" when it's plugged into the AC outlet but not into the phone, but otherwise it's very convenient. I'd like to get a backup too, or one for the office.

Since I'm not very electrically-inclined, maybe someone else can answer this (before I accidentally blow up my GN)...

I have a couple of other similarly-sized chargers: one's a backup charger for a Bionic, the other is actually a Kindle charger. It would be great to be able to use them for the GN to save lugging additional chargers around when I travel, but the output voltage/amperage is a little different.

The Bionic/Kindle chargers output around 4.9V / 0.85A. The GN charger output is slightly higher, 5.0V / 1.0A. Can anyone confirm whether they'd be safe to use to charge the GN? I'm guessing they'd be ok, since the other chargers are rated lower and they're so close -- probably the GN would just charge marginally slower. But confirmation from someone with more of a clue would be awesome. :)

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
If you buy any of the external batteries (I love my 830mah one) it comes with the exact same cube usb outlet in white. Maybe buy the cheapest one.

I do like having 2 now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38