Best 4.03 rom?

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from Tranquil Ice 7.0c to Foxhound today and I am really liking foxhound. It even installed a experimental app that separates sms volume from gmail (only for now apparently) volume, yet to see how well it works. Also, came with a DSP manager app which is kinda nice. I did have to flash aokp gapps to get past the activation though. Other than that it is smooth paired with trinity inferno 512.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I've found that battery life is dependent on number of apps installed on top of Just usage.

There's also a nice post by someone over at Anandtech regarding the OS giving UI the same priority as apps, and thus the phone still lagging, even with gpu acceleration, if many apps are installed.

That's been my experience with the Thunderbolt, Incredible, and Fascinate. The more apps installed, the less battery life regardless of kernel and the more lag in UI. And I've never nailed down a rogue app.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Do any of the popular custom ROMs have Nova launcher built in, and if so which ones?

Thanks in advance.

Foxhound uses nova launcher from the start and Tranquil Ice V7 has the option to switch between stock, trebuchet, and nova. Tranquil starts off in stock and you can download the other two through the settings menu to be able to switch freely. I am not sure of any other that use it built in, but it can be downloaded and used on any of them easily.

Reactions: chiph411

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Bugless Beast Remix has nova launcher as well,although not as much customizations as aokp.
Bugless Beast Remix was stable but of course I gotta check out these other roms ,,,, so many to choose from :)

been on aokp since friday

chiph411

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Bugless Beast Remix has nova launcher as well,although not as much customizations as aokp.
Bugless Beast Remix was stable but of course I gotta check out these other roms ,,,, so many to choose from :)

Likes and dislikes between the two? I am trying to decide which one will be my first custom ROM. I am leaning towards AOKP presently.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

word there are so many roms/kernels out, it's nuts.

i've only had time to try out aokp rom-wise, and have messed with franco's and trinity's kernel-wise.

also to chip - you can sideload nova on any rom or even stock if you just want to get a feel for it.

chiph411

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
word there are so many roms/kernels out, it's nuts.

i've only had time to try out aokp rom-wise, and have messed with franco's and trinity's kernel-wise.

also to chip - you can sideload nova on any rom or even stock if you just want to get a feel for it.

I sideloaded Nova and have been using it and like it. Now that I'm rooted I will load the .zip to get all the features.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Redemption rom is the fastest rom I've ever been on and with his kernel my battery life is crazy good.

i was thinking about trying redemption or bugless tomorrow when i have an hour to set it up nice.

tell the truth, i've had the best results (in my limited messing around) with franco's and the stock kernel. trinity did not play well with my phone for some reason.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Likes and dislikes between the two? I am trying to decide which one will be my first custom ROM. I am leaning towards AOKP presently.
Bugless is basically stock with performance,and the few bits of bloatware removed.
Bugless Remix has the nova launcher included and you can tweak settings with Nova's settings still more of clean basic rom .Both versions of Bugless where stable and functionable for me.I actually preferred the Bugless Remix but as McD explains its the same Rom of Petes he has just tweaked it a lil bit more and added Nova launcher

AOKP has more tweaks to it and so far has been stable to.I have a backup for both Bugless Remix and AOKP as so I can always go back to.
It all depends on if you want more of a stock feel (Bugless) or an AOSP feel I like them both in their own respects.

I have plans to try out Redemption to and its more of a stock rom on steroids as described by the Dev. HeyitsLou.I loved RR that HeyitsLou made for the Incredible too.

Its beyond my knowledge to devlope a rom so I have the upmost respect for All those who go forth with the effort of doing so.Pete(Bugless Beast) McD(Bugless Remix) and Roman(AOKP) have all done outstanding work each with roms.
I really have no complaints with any of the 3 roms I have flashed on the GN,,some just have more features then others as mentioned in my long winded reply lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited: