Does Root=No More Wallet for Verizon users??

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
You don't get it from the market download it from my link. On enabler fake to T-Mobile then setup the app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Ok, giving it a shot. I unistalled the old app, fake TMO on market enabler, installed the new update from ur link, and setting up wallet. Let's hope this works.

Update: Looks promising, no banner across the top.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes the Unsupported Device message you just get when you're rooted.. it still works fine, just used Wallet for the first time yesterday actually. Was fun. Lol :)

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm on Codename and I have it installed just fine. It says it's unsupported but it's there. Granted I haven't actually tried using it but it appears to run just fine.

C-3PO

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
So I'm now running CM9 nightlies 3.31.12 and got Google Wallet up and running successfully. Even took advantage of the extra $5 they added to my already existing balance from before I first rooted. Never knew I'd miss my Google Wallet as much as I did. Almost a month and a half without making purchases from my phone was tickin me off!

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
To use Wallet do I just simply open the app and put it close to the receiver? Tried at 7-11 and no luck.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

C-3PO

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
When I use it, I usually touch the back of the phone directly on the receiver for about one second. Payment sends right thru no problem. Even with my TPU case on the phone.

cnuraptor

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
To use Wallet do I just simply open the app and put it close to the receiver? Tried at 7-11 and no luck.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

To Know that you're using Google Wallet correctly:

1. they must have their paypass on (look for a green light on the paypass on the top corner), some places turn them off . 2. you need to tell the cashier "credit" at certain places before it will allow your payment to send but not all the time. 3. you need to have your screen unlocked before touching the phone to the terminal, that includes entering any PINs or Passwords to unlock the phone.

1. Walk in
2. before it's your turn, unlock your lock screen.
3. tell the cashier "credit" or select credit
4. place your phone on the paypass terminal it should double beep and pull up wallet. Enter your PIN
5. Wait for them a second. don't let your phone auto lock the screen.
6. Tap the paypass terminal again. You should see "sending" then "payment sent!" If it requires a signature then sign. Then you should see a virtual receipt on the phone that shows the merchant and the amount. (sometimes it will not update info until later)
7. Once you see this screen, the cashier should get the payment and hand you the physical receipt.

you may need to do step 4 before step 3. If you place your phone at the paypass terminal and it doesn't pull up wallet, of course try again. If you can't get the phone to auto start wallet it means the paypass is probably not turned on, the cashier needs to press credit, or something else is wrong.

Hope this helps. Also for anyone with Wallet questions, may want to check this thread out. this has been discussed at length at XDA Developers: Provisioning of Google Wallet Prepaid Cards Restored - Page 6 - xda-developers

This is the best youtube example I found, she screws up her placement of the phone on the paypass at first but then it gives you a clear idea of what to expect. Girl using Google Wallet on her Galaxy Nexus for the first time - YouTube

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
To Know that you're using Google Wallet correctly:

1. they must have their paypass on (look for a green light on the paypass on the top corner), some places turn them off . 2. you need to tell the cashier "credit" at certain places before it will allow your payment to send but not all the time. 3. you need to have your screen unlocked before touching the phone to the terminal, that includes entering any PINs or Passwords to unlock the phone.

1. Walk in
2. before it's your turn, unlock your lock screen.
3. tell the cashier "credit" or select credit
4. place your phone on the paypass terminal it should double beep and pull up wallet. Enter your PIN
5. Wait for them a second. don't let your phone auto lock the screen.
6. Tap the paypass terminal again. You should see "sending" then "payment sent!" If it requires a signature then sign. Then you should see a virtual receipt on the phone that shows the merchant and the amount. (sometimes it will not update info until later)
7. Once you see this screen, the cashier should get the payment and hand you the physical receipt.

you may need to do step 4 before step 3. If you place your phone at the paypass terminal and it doesn't pull up wallet, of course try again. If you can't get the phone to auto start wallet it means the paypass is probably not turned on, the cashier needs to press credit, or something else is wrong.

Hope this helps. Also for anyone with Wallet questions, may want to check this thread out. this has been discussed at length at XDA Developers: Provisioning of Google Wallet Prepaid Cards Restored - Page 6 - xda-developers

This is the best youtube example I found, she screws up her placement of the phone on the paypass at first but then it gives you a clear idea of what to expect. Girl using Google Wallet on her Galaxy Nexus for the first time - YouTube

You know what? After watching the video of the girl using it, I figured out I'm stupid :). I never tapped it. I would just put them close to each other.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
To reduce the time at the cashier, I open wallet and enter the pin beforehand. Then there is no need to enter it while doing the transaction. The default time out for wallet to lock is 5 mins so you could do it real early and avoid stares from impatient ppl behind you. :)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
To reduce the time at the cashier, I open wallet and enter the pin beforehand. Then there is no need to enter it while doing the transaction. The default time out for wallet to lock is 5 mins so you could do it real early and avoid stares from impatient ppl behind you. :)

Yep, that's how I've been doing it, unlock it right before you pay, saves time. Just used it for only my second time today.. Have to say it's pretty cool, lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall