Did I brick my Galaxy Nexus?

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
So I'm on a Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I rooted and installed numerous roms with no problem. Yesterday i attempted to flash stock 4.0.2 from a backup. I tried this while holding my one year old...

When i thought I was booting into fastboot I booted into a different menu. Before i new it i was deleting what I think is everything. Wiping the phone. I can get into fastboot and recovery but there are no saved Roms. Sd card is empty is the message I receive.

This all wouldnt be a problem if I could actually see the internal storage of the Nexus when I plug it into my computer. Then I could just flash a rom. I have the proper drivers installed on the computer thats not the problem. Somehow I think I deleted drivers off the Nexus. Where do I go from here? How do I get my computer to recognize the Nexus? Running win 7.

I know its stupid move i dont want to hear it. I've learned my lesson. I thought I was good enough to flash anywhere... Anybody's help would be appreciated. I didnt mention it just keeps rebooting and doesnt get passed the Google logo unless I boot into fastboot.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You'll be fine. you should be able to use ODIN mode back to stock.

Follow the directions in here:
[ODIN][ROM][ICL53F][FACTORY] Full Factory ODIN restore 4.0.2 with radios - unrooted - xda-developers

btw the links are down in that thread but there are mirror links towards the end of the thread. page 5 and 6 i believe.

You might also be able to just go back to stock with fastboot, if you're more familiar with those methods.
This would be a good place to start for that: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/13819-how-to-return-to-factory-state-unroot-and-relock/

Last edited:
Reactions: regbs and 2defmouze

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Wordup fastboot is the way to go with the nexus.. Have heard some horror stories of Odin and some devs said it should never be used. In any case as long as you can boot to the bootloader on this phone you can always fix things :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: zero neck

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
ODIN can be very useful (according to many owners of previous samsung devices). I think the trouble with using odin is its version specific, so you have to be careful with it sometimes.

Anywya, i havent used it bc i dont hardly get near a pc, and i dont think it can be used with a mac in the way we're talking about using it (back to stock, etc).

Anyhow, glad that worked out for ya! This phone is nearly bomb proof when it comes to user error. :)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
ODIN can be very useful (according to many owners of previous samsung devices). I think the trouble with using odin is its version specific, so you have to be careful with it sometimes.

Anywya, i havent used it bc i dont hardly get near a pc, and i dont think it can be used with a mac in the way we're talking about using it (back to stock, etc).

Anyhow, glad that worked out for ya! This phone is nearly bomb proof when it comes to user error. :)

Word.. I ought to toy with it one day just to learn my way around.. wouldn't be a very good crackflasher if I didn't ;)

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Word.. I ought to toy with it one day just to learn my way around.. wouldn't be a very good crackflasher if I didn't ;)

yeah i was gonna write up a guide for using it to go back to stock, but i need to spend some time on the girl's pc trying it out before i attempt to give OTHER people step by step directions for it :)

when im done with school i'll try to get on that. UNLESS YOU WANT TO DO IT INSTEAD :):):):):):) which would be awesome but a PITA of course ;)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
yeah i was gonna write up a guide for using it to go back to stock, but i need to spend some time on the girl's pc trying it out before i attempt to give OTHER people step by step directions for it :)

when im done with school i'll try to get on that. UNLESS YOU WANT TO DO IT INSTEAD :):):):):):) which would be awesome but a PITA of course ;)

LOL I'll pass haha I've never even used it.. and I'm not really the guide-writing type :cool:

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I didn't realize how bomb proof this phone is. Thought I was going to have more issues because it wasn't GSM.

Very impressed with the Android Community! I'm learning alot and you guys saved my phone.:) I just flashed the new radios on AOKP rom today following zero neck's post, worked like a charm.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't realize how bomb proof this phone is. Thought I was going to have more issues because it wasn't GSM.

Very impressed with the Android Community! I'm learning alot and you guys saved my phone.:) I just flashed the new radios on AOKP rom today following zero neck's post, worked like a charm.

First off, Odin is terrifying.

Secondly, the GN is the bomb.