Not Sure If It Is Time To Panic

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have recently been having loads of problems with my phone. I was running Jelly Belly on my Nexus when it decided to reboot and get stuck on Google Screen. My backups haven't been working, so I decided to push the rom to my phone to reinstall it. I cleared my data, system, cache, etc. Every time I click to install my the rom, the phone reboots. Now, I thought about just throwing it back into stock + unroot using Wugs toolkit. Every time i try to do it, it finds fastboot but it fails to install anything, just keeps saying "Command write failed." I am completely lost folks and I need major help.

Pengwn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
What JB ROM were you using and which version? When they first started being released, some ROM's had bugs that wouldn't let you restore from a nandroid.

Normally if I ever get stuck in a bootloop (either on the google screen or the boot animation), clearing the cache will almost always fix the issue and it will boot right up. But if you've been doing that before you flash the ROM again, I'd either A: Choose a new JB ROM or B: Revert back the stock/locked and start it all over again with a fresh unlock. I'd still choose a new JB ROM regardless of the issue.

This is one of the many benefits of owning a nexus. Think you messed your phone up beyond anything imaginable? Flash the stock image and everything will be a-ok!

Pengwn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
What is it doing when you try reverting it back to stock? How is "everything failing"?

Did you download the factory image, and the correct one at that, and put in the correct md5?

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
When I try reverting back to stock using Wugs, it says installing bootloader - Failed. Installing radios - Failed. It doesn't do anything. Not sure what you mean by put it in the correct md5 though.

Pengwn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Are all of your drivers properly set up on your comp?

Not sure what you mean by put it in the correct md5 though.

When flashing the stock images in Wug's, it should ask you for the MD5. If you take a look at the image page, you'll see that the MD5 that's associated with the file is 'e76c6fe7d2bc799e5a6168f9dcb8c4ca'

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes all drivers are properly set up. I have used the toolkit on this device before to push stock on it. Whatever I have done before is not working right now.

Pengwn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
So again, which JB ROM are you running? Have you tried other ROM's or have you just continuously flashed the same file?

Boot into recovery on the phone(pressing the volume up and down + power) and just do your flashing there. I find it much easier then using the toolkit.

Clear data, cache, dalvik cache and then install the Zip + Gapps.

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Once again, it fails. I have pushed many roms via adb push rom.zip /sdcard/rom.zip, but all it does is say "protocol failure." I try using my backup, all it does is start flickering and reboots device. There has to be another way...

Even when I try to flash stock manually by starting off with the bootloader first it says...

Writing bootloader
FAILED <status read failed<too many links>>

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
This could be a bad driver issue. You want to uninstall the fastboot and device drivers and reinstall/update them from scratch. Don't use wug's to install them either.. get the information from this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ock-bootloader-root-verizon-galaxy-nexus.html
The beginning walks you through installing and at the end in the Troubleshooting section are specifics for updating the fastboot driver, I believe.

Pengwn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
After reading a couple threads, I still think it's a driver issue. I noticed in the link you posted that someone said they fixed the issue but it was ignored. They used a different computer and manually set up all the drivers again and it worked. It's definitely worth a try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have tried it. I installed new drivers, did it on my pc, did it on my brother laptop as well. The device is a true brick. I tried the odin process as well, and now the phone doesn't even power on now. Gives the triangle with the ! in the middle when I run odin. The device is dead. I seriously have tried everything that is possible. I appreciate all the help guys, but seems like the Galaxy Nexus can indeed get bricked. Right now my device is unresponsive on the triangle. Odin just sits there when attempted.

Last edited: