Galaxy s2 still may be coming to Verizon

bentor1996

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else thing the verizon version of the galaxy s2 isn't going to come out because Verizon wants it to be a "droid" device? I think so and I believe that Verizon will release a samsung phone with similar specs to the s2 but it be under the droid name. This is because you cant have a galaxy branded phone that is also a droid. This is just my opinion....I hope it's true!

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you!
Everyone is having a heart attack but there will most likely be a GS2 substitute on VZW with not only similar, but BETTER specs....excluding the Prime.

I hope it'll be the Charge 2 and I hope they follow the same mode Moto did and keep the form similar. I like the Charge...it's different.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Think about it...as far as things are really concerned the Droid Charge is really from the Galaxy S family. I believe if you run through some of the internal xml and various text filled files you find Galaxy S in there. I remember it when I first rooted it and needed to find out more info for themeing purposes.

I feel very confident that there will be a droid charge sequel. This makes me happy.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough. Of course the question is when would we see this Droid device? Verizon has a tendency to bring out versions of hot phones well after the initial excitement. Not saying these phones are bad, but it does suck some to get a phone that had a similar version on other carriers well before the Verizon version. So it is very likely there will be a Droid version of the S2 coming out early next summer when there are likely much better phones being discussed.

Guess we have to wait and see, at this point I'm just hoping some of the Prime info is correct. At this point, while there was a lot of excitement for a Verizon S2, because it is not coming soon I think a lot of people here are going to purchase another phone.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Instead of it being because they want to brand it as a Droid, I think there are a few other things going on. First, I do think that they have something equal or better from Samsung coming, whether that's the Prime or not, I don't know. But I think it's imperative that there be something. Second, Verizon is very particular on their marketing and I don't think they're going to give anything that could affect sales for the Bionic. If that pushes people to the Bionic, then they're fine with that, because I also think that they believe the Samsung device will sell just fine. The issue is that they may lose people to other carriers.

fascinatej

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
been waiting for this phone forever, don't like the shape of the droid and will not be happy if another comes. Love my fascinate but was ready to dish out the dough for the ffc and fancy screen and smooth experience without lag. Very unhappy. we got screwed with the bing and the 2.2 and now this. I can't begin to explain how dissappointing this is

fascinatej

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
been waiting for this phone forever, don't like the shape of the droid and will not be happy if another comes. Love my fascinate but was ready to dish out the dough for the ffc and fancy screen and smooth experience without lag. Very unhappy. we got screwed with the bing and the 2.2 and now this. I can't begin to explain how dissappointing this is
droid charge that is

blaqbird

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non