Samsung Galaxy Nexus?

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
That "leak" doesn't really tell us anything we don't already know. We all pretty much know that the Samsung Prime/Nexus/Rabbitfoot/SCH-i515 is replacing the charge.

but, if it's going to be a direct replacement, and not a de facto replacement, of the Charge, doesn't that give more indication that it will actually be the Droid Prime??? that's the significant piece of info that i take from the supposed leak.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The leak is from BBYM. "Replacing" may simply mean it will take the display place of the Charge in the store, not necessarily will the Charge cease to exist. Same with the Tbolt 2.

I dont think this will end any life cycles anytime soon, just display / price point kind of thing.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
but, if it's going to be a direct replacement, and not a de facto replacement, of the Charge, doesn't that give more indication that it will actually be the Droid Prime??? that's the significant piece of info that i take from the supposed leak.

It could be, but no matter what the phone is called it's a Samsung 4G device and the Charge becomes irreverent. I'm sure that factored into the decision to hold off on the GS2 as well.

Given Verizon's history it seems like a long shot that a Nexus UnDroid comes to VZW.

compchick813

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Call me crazy, but I just have this sinking feeling that the Prime, or whatever the name ends up being, won't be a true Nexus on Verizon. I can't see Verizon allowing/wanting a stock phone. I think the biggest reason is that they passed up the GS2, and so they will want the Prime to be the popular replacement. While most of us in the enthusiast community want a stock phone that we can customize to our liking, the average user doesn't like the look of stock, and would rather have a "pretty" skin, and the added "features" of Blur/Sense/Touchwiz. It seems like with the average user, that will sell better than a stock phone, even if they took a stock phone and slapped the Droid/Galaxy name on it. Such a shame. At a minimum Verizon would put their VZ navigator and whatnot on it. If it isn't a true Nexus, then in principle I couldn't support it, especially if they try to use the Nexus name on a bloated phone, and would probably end up going with the Vigor and putting CM7 on it.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
While most of us in the enthusiast community want a stock phone that we can customize to our liking, the average user doesn't like the look of stock, and would rather have a "pretty" skin, and the added "features" of Blur/Sense/Touchwiz. It seems like with the average user, that will sell better than a stock phone, even if they took a stock phone and slapped the Droid/Galaxy name on it. Such a shame. .

I'm not sure this is the case. There's never really been a clear choice between stock/skin.

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure this is the case. There's never really been a clear choice between stock/skin.

good point, I think it would just be perceived as another option. don't think the average consumer even knows that their phones aren't stock.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
good point, I think it would just be perceived as another option. don't think the average consumer even knows that their phones aren't stock.

there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that skined would ALWAYS win over stock. the only people who like stock are here on this website. ive had at leat a dozen people play with my phone with CM7 and sense ROMs. and EVERYONE prefers Sense. Male, Female, young and old. i would love to see a study on this.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that skined would ALWAYS win over stock. the only people who like stock are here on this website. ive had at leat a dozen people play with my phone with CM7 and sense ROMs. and EVERYONE prefers Sense. Male, Female, young and old. i would love to see a study on this.

People are always more comfortable with what they know over what they don't know. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. The point I'm making is that there's no major stock device out there other than the Nexus or OG Droid. There's basically no marketing for Nexus. I don't remember ever hearing anyone complain about the UI of the OG Droid vs. the Droid 2/3.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Unless we can see a similar email from the past, I'm skeptical of the authenticity of the memo.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Call me crazy, but I just have this sinking feeling that the Prime, or whatever the name ends up being, won't be a true Nexus on Verizon. I can't see Verizon allowing/wanting a stock phone. I think the biggest reason is that they passed up the GS2, and so they will want the Prime to be the popular replacement. While most of us in the enthusiast community want a stock phone that we can customize to our liking, the average user doesn't like the look of stock, and would rather have a "pretty" skin, and the added "features" of Blur/Sense/Touchwiz. It seems like with the average user, that will sell better than a stock phone, even if they took a stock phone and slapped the Droid/Galaxy name on it. Such a shame. At a minimum Verizon would put their VZ navigator and whatnot on it. If it isn't a true Nexus, then in principle I couldn't support it, especially if they try to use the Nexus name on a bloated phone, and would probably end up going with the Vigor and putting CM7 on it.
How does anyone know that folks won't like the look of stock ics?

compchick813

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
How does anyone know that folks won't like the look of stock ics?

I know I will, but it just seems like the average user, at least from Verizon's perspective, prefers the "prettier", less plain look of the manufacturer UI's and their widgets. Maybe ICS will change that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I know I will, but it just seems like the average user, at least from Verizon's perspective, prefers the "prettier", less plain look of the manufacturer UI's and their widgets. Maybe ICS will change that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Once again I call bull. How does anybody know that? I mean Their has been only 3 phones with vanilla android. The first one sold really really well. It's not like people have had much of a choice when choosing a vanilla android device. I reality they have had no choice. So how can we actually gauge what people prefer when most don't even have a choice? Yeah you have two Nexus device but once again how many people beside the android lovers know about the Nexus? Second I know a girl, not the tech type at all and she went with the Nexus 2 on t-mobile over all the other choices. Did I mention she is a girl? lol

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Once again I call bull. How does anybody know that? I mean Their has been only 3 phones with vanilla android. The first one sold really really well. It's not like people have had much of a choice when choosing a vanilla android device. I reality they have had no choice. So how can we actually gauge what people prefer when most don't even have a choice? Yeah you have two Nexus device but once again how many people beside the android lovers know about the Nexus? Second I know a girl, not the tech type at all and she went with the Nexus 2 on t-mobile over all the other choices. Did I mention she is a girl? lol

No one knows that... it's complete nonsense.

Reactions: ejaymd11

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
P3droid just tweeted he does not want the Verizon prime. Heard that it won't be stock android.
aeff7684-93ec-5062.jpg

sent by CyanogenMod X

Rand0m

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
P3droid just tweeted he does not want the Verizon prime. Heard that it won't be stock android.
aeff7684-93ec-5062.jpg

sent by CyanogenMod X

If this is true then the Prime just became Verizon's LTE GSII. This means that it will *hopefully* be a great phone but will lack the stock experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress