Ways the Nexus Prime is like the iPhone

mjt1265

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I for one like the fact that it is not as well known as the iphone. Let the Jones's get their iphone and I will get the Nexus Prime, I will be happier knowing that I have the better device and I am not a sheep being herded by the man that is cramming the iphone down the throat of the masses.

On a side note the iphone is definitely built better than %99.9 of the other phones out there. Im sure however from what I have heard that the Nexus phones are built very well. I have not had an opportunity to see one in person yet. But it takes more than just a good piece of hardware to win me over. I will stick with android and get the next nexus device and when people brag about their iphone5 I will smile to myself knowing I have the much better phone.

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Do us a favor and please quit posting while you wait. The phone is being made by Samsung. That's an undisputed fact. There's absolutely a zero percent chance it's made by HTC.

A bit sensitive about your Samsung? Did your father work for Google or something? Didn't know this forum would be the "praise the Android" discussion.

I just want the best phone possible by the end of October. I don't want any reviews saying last year's Iphone 4's screen and camera beating any newer Android phone's screen and camera even though its resolution is lower and sensor megapixel is lower.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That was a true study I read on credible news site. Look, I don't like being a sheep neither and having to wait for the new Iphone specs neither, but many of these companies are really producing below average devices yet still charging prices as high as an Iphone if not higher. A study showed that customer satisfaction on the Android makers are all below industry average except for HTC and of course Apple number 1 customer satisfaction. Even Samsung with its famed SGS2 scored below average. Its really us geeks supporting these companies so they continue doing crappy work and we really should ask for more.

I was really set on getting the Bionic for VZ, but the specs and reviews on display and camera are really unacceptable. No matter what, I will wait 1 week after Iphone release day for any any solid news on Nexus Prime and hope its built by HTC.

so you're calling the SGS2 below average?
...really?

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
A bit sensitive about your Samsung? Did your father work for Google or something? Didn't know this forum would be the "praise the Android" discussion.

I just want the best phone possible by the end of October. I don't want any reviews saying last year's Iphone 4's screen and camera beating any newer Android phone's screen and camera even though its resolution is lower and sensor megapixel is lower.

Resolution isn't everything, the SAMOLED+ proves that. And also, the number of MP don't mean everything either. Don't you remember those crappy pictures that the Evo took?

Reactions: wyseguy77

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

Pointing out that that Nexus Prime is being made by Samsung isn't sensitive, it's a fact. I own a Motorola Droid. I've never had a Samsung device.

If you're going to talk nonsense don't be surprised if someone corrects you.

Reactions: wyseguy77

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

Exactly. Every Android OEM seems to think that all that matters is a bigger screen and faster processor?

Apple has killed everyone on the fit and finish, and its phone has consistently outsold individual handsets for more than a year and a half (i.e. forever in the smartphone world).

That has to stop? too bad it's taken them so long that Apple has a new phone coming.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Pointing out that that Nexus Prime is being made by Samsung isn't sensitive, it's a fact. I own a Motorola Droid. I've never had a Samsung device.

If you're going to talk nonsense don't be surprised if someone corrects you.

Is it really a "fact," though?

:p I'm just saying, guys. It's not a fact until it's announced and out.

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
He was probably right about Samsung going to build the Nexus Prime, but even if I'm wrong, so what? There's no affirmative news about the company. But what gives him a right to tell me not to post based on my criticism of Android phones or even if I did make a mistake in my statement about a future device?
Also, I only said I hoped HTC would build the Prime not stating it as fact even though he doesn't have more than rumor to affirm the company, but I think what he is actually criticizing me on is citing a study he personally believes in incorrect. I cited a study from a well known tech news site, he acknowledged that he had read it too, and he cited his personal disbelief based on his opinion that Android couldn't make money if people were returning them. Am I supposed to believe a random guy on a anonymous forum or a well known tech news site? Probably the latter even if I admit the general media is sensationalistic. Why is the study so hard to believe?; there's a ton of Android phones out there built for all kinds of crappy carriers, many of them are no good, only the top ones are worth anything.

Also, I didn't say the SGS2 is below average, but that Samsung phones got below industry average for customer satisfaction. Everything I'm citiing is either from Engadget or CNET, nowhere else, I promise, I promise.

Last edited:

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay iPhone can only compete because it has an apple logo, and people haven't used an Android I'm willing to bet 90 percent of people who own an iPhone would trade it if they used Android and had some one give them some pointers. IPhones older face it unless apple makes a good move with IP5, their done. For the most part iPhone is for old people and little kids who dont know what they want.
You have no right saying Android is horrible, Android is godly stop being a Apple suck up you don't see Android suing people because a rival company sells a better product! Thank you

Sent from my MoPho on The Sprint Network

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
If you read my original post, I only said I would wait for both specs to come out and read the reviews before I made my decision and my opinion is everyone should do the same. At heart, Android and iOS are the same push the icon button and open the app so just get whatever performs the best for you. If you can live with crappier hardware so you can tweak a few things here and there, go get the Android. If the Prime is better hardware and lets me tweak stuff, I'll go get that. But Apple addressed many of the tweaks Android lovers wanted in their new iOS5 and so I want to see what ICS does to counter. Is any of this unreasonable?

I don't understand this whole "don't be a sheep" idea. But what?, it makes you feel like a rebel to get an Android phone? Go skydive or something. Iphone is actually the minority to all Android phones and wants to do things its own way and doesn't want to play nice with the industry leading majority Windows PCs out there. So whose being a sheep getting the minority device? I guess its the leader if you compare it to individual Android phones.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
If you read my original post, I only said I would wait for both specs to come out and read the reviews before I made my decision and my opinion is everyone should do the same. At heart, Android and iOS are the same push the icon button and open the app so just get whatever performs the best for you. If you can live with crappier hardware so you can tweak a few things here and there, go get the Android. If the Prime is better hardware and lets me tweak stuff, I'll go get that. But Apple addressed many of the tweaks Android lovers wanted in their new iOS5 and so I want to see what ICS does to counter. Is any of this unreasonable?

I don't understand this whole "don't be a sheep" idea. But what?, it makes you feel like a rebel to get an Android phone? Go skydive or something. Iphone is actually the minority to all Android phones and wants to do things its own way and doesn't want to play nice with the industry leading majority Windows PCs out there. So whose being a sheep getting the minority device? I guess its the leader if you compare it to individual Android phones.

I have to agree with you to a extent. I was on the XDA forum following the crazy thread of the guy who bought the Nexus S - on Ebay - with ICS on it and, Google allegedly remote wiped it. One of the posters ask if ICS had full hardware acceleration and, he noted that this is what made the Iphone so smooth. I Googled "ICS & hardware acceleration" and, was directed right back to this very site to a thread you had started on the topic .

I had always wondered why some parts of Android ran smooth - such as the app drawer - while others did not. I build computers and, also own a Imac. I don't think hardware is the issue, I think it's mainly software IMO. I won't get too deep into why I think that, we can save that conversation for another time.

My thing is, I really want ICS to be fully hardware accelerated also and hope it is. That's why I'm glad the Iphone announcement is first so, I can already know what it will be about before I make a decision. I really want the Nexus prime and, luv the customization of Android but, Iike you; I want to see how it will perform. If it's not fully hardware-accelerated, that won't be a deal-breaker for me but, it will make the decision harder on whether to get it, get the new Iphone it or, just keep what I have. I might still just go for the Bionic but, it depends.

That's what was so frustrating about the leak video. ICS looked really smooth transitioning from different screens but, the guy never swiped across on the home screens. It was like he didn't even know how to operate it. I hope it got a new phone though.

lfurlong

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I have owned both android phones and the iPhone. I've had several Android phones (Nexus One, MyTouch 4G, G2x, Sensation, Incredible 2, Droid X2, Thunderbolt and Droid Charge) and the iPhone 4. Both platforms have their pros and cons. There is no right or wrong. It's all about personal preference. I have read so many threads bashing the iPhone but not too many bashing Android. So is it that iPhone owners don't care about Android or that Android owners care too much about the iPhone? Either way at the end of the day everyone decides which phone they want and that is the phone they will get.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have owned both android phones and the iPhone. I've had several Android phones (Nexus One, MyTouch 4G, G2x, Sensation, Incredible 2, Droid X2, Thunderbolt and Droid Charge) and the iPhone 4. Both platforms have their pros and cons. There is no right or wrong. It's all about personal preference. I have read so many threads bashing the iPhone but not too many bashing Android. So is it that iPhone owners don't care about Android or that Android owners care too much about the iPhone? Either way at the end of the day everyone decides which phone they want and that is the phone they will get.

Well said. Wow, and I thought I have had a lot of phones LOL!! I've had the Nexus One, Mytouch 3G, Mytouch 4G, Nexus S and, Iphone 4 (black & now white). I agree they all have their pros and cons.

From my experience, on forums; the Iphone forum users like their Iphones so much that they hardly comment on Android. Some of them don't like Android and some do. Almost every Android forum I've been on, the majority hate Iphones.

Xephik

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
We're on an Android forum. However that does not mean we need to start flaming eachother over which platform is better.

The iPhone is a great phone. I'm sure even the most unreasonable can't dispute that. Apple consistently raises the bar when it comes to hardware that competes with Android. Honestly, I don't have a doubt in my mind that the iPhone 5 will blow every Android device out of the water spec wise next week. The Android OEMs could learn from Apple in a lot of ways. Consistent, easy to remember names for instance. If you pull anyone off the street and show them an iPhone and a Droid Bionic, they'll most likely recognize the iPhone most of the time. Brand recognition is the name of the game.

And I will fully disclose that I am an Android lover like no other, but when I heard the iPhone 5 was going to have a 4 inch screen, I put it in the maybe section. I have small hands... I don't know if the Prime will be good for me :-(

Both platforms have their pros and cons.

All that being said, Android's customization abilities far exceed iPhones. Notifications are still top notch. The options we have with root are amazing. The fact we have a huge hardware selection is awesome.

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations on being right about what the current rumors are.

Anyway, let's get back to the original topic because most of this goes in the phone wars arena which, again, although some of my words were bordering on inflammatory about Android, I stil maintain that I was only citing studies out there about Android's current status. The original topic stipulated that Nexus Prime is as hyped as the Iphone and most of us agree it clearly is not. I will only add that nobody forced nobody to be famous; Apple didn't exploit anybody to design a good product that the average consumer likes. They didn't pick on any little guy; Google, Samsung, Motorola are not your Mom and Pop shop; they were the smallest at one point. So what that they sue everyone; that's all part of gamemanship; Google would do the same.

Last edited:

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations on being right about what the current rumors are.

I wanted to remain quiet, but I just can't. Samsung manufacturing the Nexus Prime is not a rumor. It is fact. So when you come in here and start making these broad, sweeping statements involving how you want HTC to produce the phone, all it does is damage your credibility. Most posters here, in this specific forum, have followed the leaks on this device pretty carefully. There are some things we know, like it will run ICS, Samsung will make it, etc, that are not up for dispute.

If you're going to try and stir the pot/troll/debate, at least get your facts right. Because when you don't, not only is it a waste of everyone's time, but it's annoying.

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Boy, this really irks some of you. Instead of disputing studies I've cited discussing various defamatory Android facts that even I can allow may be data taken out of context, you are hung up that I wanted the next Nexus to be built by HTC. Who cares what these names are? Why can't I want the next great Android phone to be built by HTC who indeed did build a Nexus at one point? Every company's gonna build a flagship to compete with Iphone and they are gonna call it something. I will laugh so hard if this next Nexus is called Nexus Infinity or something and releases next year built by Motorola only because some of you will vomit that the rumors weren't true. Do you know somebody on the Google Board of directors or something? Will you eat your phone if this thing is not built by Samsung? Again, I could care less if you do or not, just amusing to me you find this so annoying.

Boy, I'm already a geek, but I can feel my geek meter totally blowing up arguiing with you guys. Unless you want to argue that the Nexus Optimus Prime by Pantech with Gingerbread 4.0 has as much recognition and marketing power as the Iphone,, we are really getting off topic.

Last edited:

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Boy, this really irks some of you. Instead of disputing studies I've cited discussing various defamatory Android facts that even I can allow may be data taken out of context, you are hung up that I wanted the next Nexus to be built by HTC. Who cares what these names are? Why can't I want the next great Android phone to be built by HTC who indeed did build a Nexus at one point? Every company's gonna build a flagship to compete with Iphone and they are gonna call it something. I will laugh so hard if this next Nexus is called Nexus Infinity or something and releases next year built by Motorola only because some of you will vomit that the rumors weren't true. Do you know somebody on the Google Board of directors or something? Will you eat your phone if this thing is not built by Samsung? Again, I could care less if you do or not, just amusing to me you find this so annoying.

Boy, I'm already a geek, but I can feel my geek meter totally blowing up arguiing with you guys. Unless you want to argue that the Nexus Optimus Prime by Pantech with Gingerbread 4.0 has as much recognition and marketing power as the Iphone,, we are really getting off topic.
There have been a lot of sources out there, pointing to the direction that Samsung is gonna make the next nexus, but you are just too oblivious to look at the facts. It wouldn't matter though, as Unpacked is coming soon so then we can all figure out and then you can stop your annoying bickering of how you want HTC to make the nexus prime even though you know and I know, that's not going to be the case.