Nexus Prime video teaser (and picture)!

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Are we still speculating what that hump is? I'm guessing it's the reverse lip and not a camera.

The hump is on the bottom of the phone. its the reverse chin that is probably going to be housing the LTE antenne.

if you lighten the pics up, you can just barely see a slight raise at the other end, which is either just something playing with the view, or a slight hump for a camera. and i mean slight, like 1mm if that.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Re: nexes prime pic!!!

LOVING the thinness, but didnt know the whole phone was gonna be curved. looks like it might wobble a lot on a flat surface....=T Or do i need my eyes checked?

Edit: if you pause at the right millisecond, it doesnt look so curved after all.

Yea, I wouldn't start assuming the entire phone is curved because of some editing special effects in 1 video. hehe. It doesn't even make sense to curve the entire phone the way it appears in the video.

I'm not excited about the hump, but I guess that's just how a thin 4G phone has to be these days. :'(

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
it seems the curve was accentuated for the video as to be a teasing smile.... :).. will not be THAT curved for sure.. beautiful phone!

buk8tee

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me but this looks like my nexus s bigger brother!!

I even held up my Ns to the supersize image and the shape is identical. Anyhow stoked and will buy a GSM T-Mobile version asap. Nexus S going to my mom and prime is for me!!!!

mngdew

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

I called VZW last week to ask about ETF. The rep asked me why I was asking about it (I guess made her think I was early terminate the contract.) A few days later I got an email saying "I earned a new phone". on the phone line I know not ready for upgrade until June 2012.:D

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Android Police posted a bigger picture - showing a lot more detail:

wm_Nexus-Prime.jpg

rmreagle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

I'm hoping it's not as curved as the video suggests, because that would produce a weird bulge in your pocket and not in a good way.

I think the opposite, i don't know about you but my thigh is curved... unless you're made out of lego's if you put the phone in your pocket with the screen facing in i would think it would comfortable conform to your leg. If you put it in your pocket with the screen facing out, well then it probably would be an awkward bulge...and you'd be an idiot... Maybe someone with a Nexus S can speak to this?

As far as the chin goes, i'm sure it's in the design to accomadate the LTE radio. Aesthetically it may not be the best looking, but from my brief time with the Droid Charge i can say that having the reverse chin on the bottom is actually really comfortable to hold in the hand in portrait. It naturally weighs the bottom of the phone down, unlike the Droid X or Bionic where the bulge is at the top creating a slightly top-heavy feel, like the phone is going to somersault out of your hand. The bulge might also help with stabilize the curve when the device is placed on a flat surface.

I think I will have a hard time doing anything between now and the 11th in anticipation, and then when we get the announcement i may just have to take a vacation so i don't obsess over that information til (hopefully) Nov. 3.