10-08-2011 11:11 PM
136 ... 3456
tools
    I don't know how that would work or if it would sell well. It certainy would be innovative. It does kind of make sense given the metaphors in that ad though...

cookies + milk

Coffee + newspaper

Planner + pen

Wine + Candles

Phone + Tablet . . . ?
    10-05-2011 12:25 PM
    I'm not buying that the extended parts are a tablet. People are starting to see things that aren't there. That's just an extension of the blue line with shadow.
    +1

come on...what's an ad without some graphics? saying that's a tablet is a bit obsessive.
    10-05-2011 12:28 PM
    maybe the prime uses a magnetic connector instead of micro usb? lol or maybe it's for NFC. or maybe it's for a dock. or maybe they should release it so i can find out already!!
    I said this before i even knew about the 3 pins on the nexus. This makes me awesome because i called it. WORSHIP ME!!!!! lol
    10-05-2011 12:32 PM
    A tablet dock? Cool yes, but would i buy it? no. What's the point? All it would add is a bigger screen. Other than that, it sounds unnecessary.
    10-05-2011 12:36 PM
    I don't know how that would work or if it would sell well. It certainy would be innovative. It does kind of make sense given the metaphors in that ad though...

cookies + milk

Coffee + newspaper

Planner + pen

Wine + Candles

Phone + Tablet . . . ?
    Google + Samsung is what I took from it.
    wyseguy77 likes this.
    10-05-2011 12:38 PM

cookies + milk

Coffee + newspaper

Planner + pen

Wine + Candles

Phone + Tablet . . . ?
    i think its rather ICS + Samsung
    10-05-2011 12:42 PM

cookies + milk

Coffee + newspaper

Planner + pen

Wine + Candles

Phone + Tablet . . . ?
    They should have shown some ice cream, some chocolate graham crackers, then an Ice Cream Sandwich! Come on Samsung!!!
    10-05-2011 12:50 PM
    Perhaps that hump on the bottom is the LTE radio and not the antenne?
    Correct.
    10-05-2011 01:02 PM

cookies + milk

Coffee + newspaper

Planner + pen

Wine + Candles

Phone + Tablet . . . ?
    Not sure if it has been pointed out but October 11th happens to be a Full Moon as well, so things like this just might happen
    10-05-2011 01:07 PM
    Thats not an hp jack and a port, thats the power button, its in the same place it always is for Samsung phones. the right hand side at the top, which leads me to believe that the Nexus Prime has a chin like the Galaxy s and Galaxy S II (that thing on the left that everyone thinks is a camera), a little later in the video on the right there is another hump, I think that is going to be the camera. But I could be wrong, this is just what I see when I look at the picture because if it was the camera:
    a) The camera would be on the bottom of the phone = stupid
    OR
    b) The power button is on the left side at the bottom = stupid
    10-05-2011 01:11 PM
    Not sure if it has been pointed out but October 11th happens to be a Full Moon as well, so things like this just might happen
    I sent hear alot of babies are born on a full moon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    10-05-2011 01:28 PM
    I sent hear alot of babies are born on a full moon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Yes a beautiful Googsung baby will hatch.
    10-05-2011 01:37 PM
    Thats not an hp jack and a port, thats the power button, its in the same place it always is for Samsung phones. the right hand side at the top, which leads me to believe that the Nexus Prime has a chin like the Galaxy s and Galaxy S II (that thing on the left that everyone thinks is a camera), a little later in the video on the right there is another hump, I think that is going to be the camera. But I could be wrong, this is just what I see when I look at the picture because if it was the camera:
    a) The camera would be on the bottom of the phone = stupid
    OR
    b) The power button is on the left side at the bottom = stupid
    Dude read the entire thread, it's already been pointed out!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    10-05-2011 01:38 PM
    Lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    10-05-2011 01:39 PM
    Just messing around I took the following picture someone else created and scaled it to what I believe is the real size of the phone using the power button in the picture as a reference against the power button on my Nexus S. Sizing the picture to 2.83" x 5.83" gives what I believe to be the real size of the phone.

If my guesstimates are correct, the phone will be about 5" long or about 1/4" longer than the Nexus S (holding the Nexus S against the picture for comparison) and the screen contour is considerably more pronounced on the Nexus Prime compared to the Nexus S.
    Gratificulous likes this.
    10-05-2011 01:42 PM
    how thin in the thinnest area of the phone by your estimates?
    10-05-2011 01:53 PM
    how thin in the thinnest area of the phone by your estimates?
    At it's thinnest it's looking to be around a 1/4" (0.25") thick. An iPhone 4 is 0.37" thick.

EDIT: It's a little tough to measure the thickest part of the phone (the chin) because of the curve, but I'd place it right about 3/8" (0.37")
    yankdez likes this.
    10-05-2011 02:00 PM
    10-05-2011 02:03 PM
    I am very excited for this phone. While I'm not going to say how great it WILL be, I will say how great it CAN be. This phone will be in my hands on day 1. I've always wanted a Nexus phone, and now that we have one coming to Verizon I couldn't be happier. I need to scale back my excitement until I see it... But let's just say someone has the day off on Oct 11th and will be streaming Unpacked 2011 at 2:30 ET
    10-05-2011 02:15 PM
    I just found a different take on the teaser video. Samsung Nexus Prime To Mark Ice Cream Sandwich Debut - - Mobile OS - Informationweek According to this link, the author believes that the teaser video shows two seperate devices. Looking at it before hearing this I never saw two seperate devices, but if you look closely you can actually see what appears to be the phone on the bottom with a second device behind it and on top. Not sure what to think now. Is this actually a combo tablet/phone release?
    10-05-2011 03:39 PM
    give us the prime.
    10-05-2011 05:37 PM
    I just found a different take on the teaser video. Samsung Nexus Prime To Mark Ice Cream Sandwich Debut - - Mobile OS - Informationweek According to this link, the author believes that the teaser video shows two seperate devices. Looking at it before hearing this I never saw two seperate devices, but if you look closely you can actually see what appears to be the phone on the bottom with a second device behind it and on top. Not sure what to think now. Is this actually a combo tablet/phone release?
    Ice Cream Sandwich is supposed to combine Honeycomb (tablet) and Gingerbread (phone) into one OS
    10-05-2011 05:38 PM
    Smoogle? Samsoogle?
    Gamsung?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    10-05-2011 06:25 PM
    Maybe the pins have to do with built in induction charging?
    Inductive charging means no pins

im just curious, they just released the sgs2, do you think they will release another samsung phone so quickly?
    Yes, especially if it's SGS2 based

I don't think I would read too far into the exact design.. it's just a render..

If you can only show one side of the phone, you might fudge the render a bit just to show the interesting features.. volume controls and a power button not interesteing, dock connectors = interesting
    Read into the exact design. The design, barring a bionic style redesign, is final. They are showing it in a week.

At it's thinnest it's looking to be around a 1/4" (0.25") thick. An iPhone 4 is 0.37" thick.

EDIT: It's a little tough to measure the thickest part of the phone (the chin) because of the curve, but I'd place it right about 3/8" (0.37")
    This is what I got. 5" long, same thickness when I made the same measurements.
    10-05-2011 07:35 PM
    Smoogle? Samsoogle?
    Gamsung?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    +1 for Smoogle lol
    10-05-2011 10:35 PM
136 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD