What are you upgrading from for the Droid Prime?

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
What will everyone getting the prime be upgrading from, also what will you be doing with your old device?

I will be upgrading from a DX2, and NY old phone will be going to the local battered women's shelter so they can provide phones to women that need their services while getting out of an abusive relationships. I have donated every phone to them since my first track phone.

Droid Prime or Nexus Prime whichever name they decide to go with...

That's AWESOME... Also thanks for the idea.. I am actually going to find the local one in the Boston area & do the sane thing...

Will be reading in my trusty Thunderbolt which I got by getting rid of my blackberry curve.. I just hope this Nexus is all its cracked up to be..

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Throw up another tally under ThunderBolt, even though it's finally getting updated to a point where I like the thing again.

pdiddyfan79

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Well, I had waited so long for the SGSII that you knew I was gonna drop something on the Epic 4G Touch. I love it. The only real thing the Nexus has is the rumored HD screen, the NFC and of course it's a Nexus. I had been waiting for a phone with this form factor with a nice screen, and nfc. It's great since it's a Nexus too. I think I'll wait til maybe February for now to upgrade. I got the Epic Touch straight out so that I can hold onto my upgrade. I'll just sell and use it. Only reason I might get it before then is if ICS takes awhile to come to Sprint and I get impatient.

tdubrpdx

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Coming back to Verizon from a T-Mo HTC Sensation. Loved the Sensation but hate the network since I moved to the midwest from the west coast. Glad to see Verizon finally getting a top-tier phone, in terms of hardware specs. Hope LTE battery life isn't too much of a shock compared to HSPA+.

Arcnsparks

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a BB Storm 2 here, been eligible for upgrade since around June and was holding out for the Monaco/torch 9850 and like the apparent trend with BB they released a brand new phone with year old specs. With no sign of LTE in the near future either, I was forced to jump ship. With my storm 2 and a brand new battery I sometimes get 4-6hrs max, with 3G, no wifi and no bluetooth... pathetic...

so even with a chance of sub-par LTE battery life I'll be more than happy to swap!

Joey Riz

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Prime>Thunderbolt>OG DROID>Voyager.

have to get the prime. i think the new vigor is going to be awesome and i love sense but ICS of that sexy as phone is where its at. Thunderbolt will be given to my brother and i will take his droid x and sell it. I still have my OG DROID and will never part with it cause lets face it...its still awesome. OH ya and the Voyager sucked lol

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Giving my Thunderbolt to my mom since she can't afford a $200+ phone and I'm taking her upgrade. Ah the advantages of being the account owner.

I personally like my Thunderbolt, but I really just want a thinner LTE phone and I'm really excited about ICS.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
DInc. I've had it since release. Love this phone still to this day. I would actually keep it, except that the constant low memory alerts are killing me. Those alerts are plaguing DInc's, yet there's never been a fix. It essentially disables my Google email until I clear the cache on EVERY APP to get the alert to disappear. Until, of course, it comes back a week later and I have to repeat the process. But for this issue, it's still a perfectly wonderful phone. It's tempting to follow up with the Vigor, but I'm hoping the Prime lives up to most of the hype.