Samsung confirms October 19th ICS event

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
About time. Just a few more days. Kinda glad its not till late the event streams because I can just sit and enjoy the show. Plus, it won't get lost in the news of th XOOM 2 and DROID RAZR launch earlier that day.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Wait.... but I thought Verizon was delaying the announcement to put blur on the phone. What about the patent war?

What happened was Apple wanted an injunction to mandate Verizon to require TouchWiz on any Android device so that Apple could in turn sue Samsung over another phone infringing on the patents of iOS. It's really kind of obvious guys. This is what caused the delay - all the hidden clues in the press releases have been pointing to it.

Reactions: oxymoron

StuMcBill

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
A US device announced in a foreign country? IMO i dont think we will see the new Nexus. Just a slide show to show off ICS. Unless im wrong? Has Verizon AT&T Tmobile and Sprint ever have a new phone announced outside the US?

Its not only a US device. The LTE version is probably destined for Verizon, but the other one is most likely for the rest of the world.

You should probably note that this is NOT being hosted by Verizon (or AT&T or T-Mobile or Sprint), but hosted by Google and Samsung - no carrier ties whatsoever!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez