Email from Verizon

DJock93

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
So I emailed Verizon asking them about the release date...they said:

"Good morning Matthew. Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Mike, and I understand that you would like to know the release date of the Galaxy Nexus. The Galaxy Nexus has become quite popular without being released. Below I have provided you with more information.

We are not aware of the release date of the Galaxy Nexus. I am unable to provide information regarding which equipment is being considered or approximate release dates, as this may raise expectations that may not be met. "

Well, atleast they know how popular it's becoming among the community! God I just want this phone now...:'(

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

"Good morning Matthew. Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Mike, and I understand that you would like to know the release date of the Galaxy Nexus. The Galaxy Nexus has become quite popular without being released. Below I have provided you with more information.

We are not aware of the release date of the Galaxy Nexus. I am unable to provide information regarding which equipment is being considered or approximate release dates, as this may raise expectations that may not be met. "

Well, atleast they know how popular it's becoming among the community! God I just want this phone now...:'(

Typical form email. Unfortunately, as is usually the case with letters like those, it points out the obvious and doesn't really provide any new information. :(

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
At least we see an acknowledgment of popularity w/o (note: this means without, not "web only" or "week of"....:cool:) a release. That's more than just a typical form!

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I think even verizon doesn't know when they are going to release this phone.

I'm starting to think this may be the case...I mean hell, they just changed the RAZR's date to the 11th. I'm still hoping for the 17th, but who knows at this point. At least were relatively close.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
At least we see an acknowledgment of popularity w/o (note: this means without, not "web only" or "week of"....:cool:) a release. That's more than just a typical form!

To me it doesn't mean much of anything. I was given similar statements from Verizon when I was frustrated by the lack of communication regarding the 4G LTE upgrade for the Xoom. It meant nothing because it didn't change the fact that first and foremost, they were not able to give any information about the product. Empathy and sympathy are well and good, but become meaningless for addressing a given situation or problem.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

What date did you email that to VzW? What date did they return that response? That's a standard response from them, but just curious to know if timeline puts it before or after the "11/21 w/o" report, that got emailed out to employees.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Did you expect to get a real answer from them? If the date hasn't leaked out into the community of super sleuths they certainly aren't going to give anything away in an email to an average Joe. I would have expected nothing less than a form response from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez