Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

chenalex

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my Rezound the day it came out thinking I'd return it for the GN (because all signs at that point still indicated a November release), and it arrived on the 16th. I called Verizon on the 15th asking about the extended return policy and the rep said that although I bought the phone on the 14th, her supervisor had authorized her to extend my return to Jan. 9th (or whenever it is). How do I check to make sure my extension went through? Also, if I take this to the store to return, will they also honor the extension? Thanks

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my Rezound the day it came out thinking I'd return it for the GN (because all signs at that point still indicated a November release), and it arrived on the 16th. I called Verizon on the 15th asking about the extended return policy and the rep said that although I bought the phone on the 14th, her supervisor had authorized her to extend my return to Jan. 9th (or whenever it is). How do I check to make sure my extension went through? Also, if I take this to the store to return, will they also honor the extension? Thanks

I'd go into your local store with your receipt, explain to them the extension you got, and ask them to double check it in their system. Make sure you get the employees name who confirms it for you, and that way you can hold someone accountable if they try to screw you later on.

bad1550

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Exchanged the Razr for the Rezound until the Nexus comes out.

The Rezound has been disappoining for me due to dropped calls and poor signal.

The Razr had much better signal and no dropped calls.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Exchanged the Razr for the Rezound until the Nexus comes out.

The Rezound has been disappoining for me due to dropped calls and poor signal.

The Razr had much better signal and no dropped calls.

You are going to have to pay full retail for nexus. Only allowed 1 return/exhange..

thescreensavers

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you serious? Do a google search and see the average high end smart phone costs around 200 to produce+ shipping and labor. Verizon gets them for same price you and I pay full retail. They make money back off of the plans. How much does it cost Apple to make the iPhone 4? How MUCH Does it actually COST to PRODUCE your Smartphone? | NO BUNS NO LIFE

Its no where near that price. Maybe if you bought just one. They are making them in mass quantity. So its probably around 80 bucks for the whole phone.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I finally got tired of waiting earlier this week. A lot of down time at my job so I spend a ton of that free time playing on my phone. Storm was not cutting it and it was really making the day drag. Decided to rent the Rezound. To be honest, I find the phone amazing. Probably helps that I was coming from such a crappy phone. I dont really mind the Sense skin, some stuff I find useful. While I will still probably get the Nexus(I will either return this one or have my mom upgrade and get a Nexus and then swap), the Rezound is a phone that I probably wouldn't mind if I got stuck with it. In fact if not for the Nexus, this is probably the phone I would have upgraded to.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to rent but my wife talked me out of it for two reasons...

1 - if I damage it, I'm screwed

Buy a case, and a screen protector. As long as the handset isn't destroyed, Verizon will still take it back.(they won't deny an exchange if there's a small scratch on the plastic bezel, for example, since PCD will just replace it when they refurbish the phone)

2 - if this goes web only pre order then I've got to return the rezound and then wait for upgrade to update and then order... and it could take a day or longer.

Actually, that's not really true. You can exchange in store and do a direct-fill order that is sent from a Verizon warehouse to your house, without waiting for the update to reset.

chenalex

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd go into your local store with your receipt, explain to them the extension you got, and ask them to double check it in their system. Make sure you get the employees name who confirms it for you, and that way you can hold someone accountable if they try to screw you later on.

I called them again today, and got a different rep. But the rep and the supervisor I talked to last week were apparently in the office today, and all 3 of them personally guaranteed (their word, not mine) me that I can return it on Jan. 15th. They told me to just send it back, and I'll probably get pushback since I did buy the phone before the extended return period began. So i have to tell them (who exactly? Is VZW going to call me?) to email the original rep. It sounds like a lot of work though. So still don't know if I'm going to hang on to the Rezound past this weekend.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis