why do phone makers keep launching on verizon?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Well thank you for that. I'll also take that as a confirmation you have nothing more than a theory.
Congrats, how observant of you, thank you, for replying back just to reiterate the same thing I just said to you. There's nothing more gratifying than someone implying a person is so dumb they need to be given an explaination on the meaning behind what they just posted.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
If Verizon was GSM I would be upset. The fact its different in a lot of way to be tailored to us and the USA's communication system, well that's enough reason for me to understand a delay.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
720p + Large screen + LTE + 4GB data? Massive fail ...c'mon Sprint!
(I understand some of you have grandfathered unlimtied data, this doesn't apply to you)

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Most people don't think Verizon bungles launches. Hell, most people are probably overjoyed with the Razr, iPhone 4S, and Rezound, and have no idea what the Galaxy Nexus is.

We have a winner. Put the Nexus next to the Razr and show them to the "average" smartphone user. Do you think they'll pick the "Galaxy Nexus" or the "Droid Razr", knowing that the "Droid" moniker denotes Verizon's top of the line phones? Do you think they'll pick the thinnest smartphone around or the relatively thick Nexus that looks a lot like the Galaxy S and SII to the untrained eye?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If Verizon was GSM I would be upset. The fact its different in a lot of way to be tailored to us and the USA's communication system, well that's enough reason for me to understand a delay.

At this point, it is the only carrier that is also using LTE. A technology that they have had issues with.

FitnessGeek21

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
so true... but their 4g speeds and their expansive options in phones make their sales. already missing it. I switched to sprint because of a corporate discount :(

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
We have a winner. Put the Nexus next to the Razr and show them to the "average" smartphone user. Do you think they'll pick the "Galaxy Nexus" or the "Droid Razr", knowing that the "Droid" moniker denotes Verizon's top of the line phones? Do you think they'll pick the thinnest smartphone around or the relatively thick Nexus that looks a lot like the Galaxy S and SII to the untrained eye?

Or maybe just a Motorola over a Samsung. ;)

Sent from my Droid, the only mobile OS that matters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty