I think I'll stick with my Thunderbolt!

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I had really high hopes for the GNex. The Razr & Rezound weren't what we wanted in the end & now the GNex has some issues that are only showing up now & Verizon is all hushed about the whole thing. I have learned to manage my battery use & carry an extra battery. The Razr would have been great, but they glued it shut. The Rezound has chipped batteries so you can't charge it with generic batteries in it. Now the GNex has issues with swapping the batteries ...... & then all the specs shown until 2 days ago showed an FM Radio in the GNex & now they don't, just like the Rezound, so I get the Rezound thinking it had the FM Radio in it.

So I had to Rant a little, just tired of Verizon & their Vendors leaking false info & then finding out the truth later! Be nice if Verizon would just anounce it & show the real specs!

Cheers :)

It would be nice if you had any idea of what you're talking about.

1)No issues with swapping batteries, just buy one with NFC not hard. Also, unless your gonna root this is a moot point google wallet wont work.
2)FM radio, download an app. (Ps non of the specs were official till googles, your problem)
3)verizon didnt "leak" anything. You chose to believe rumors.

Gtojon might not be posting for a bit as he tries to finagle his foot out of his mouth :)

Reactions: Premium1

thescreensavers

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The last good Android phone! Google is really going to ruin the whole Google experience ..... NFC & Battery relationship & Verizon Blocking it!!! Might as well glue the battery in .... right? Why ruin an Open phone by closing it?? No Flash, No SD, No FM Radio ...... I give up!

I am sure there is more Verizon & Google aren't telling us :p

Non removable batteries, No SD cards, No Flash, No FM Radio .... what else are they going to take?

I'll just wait until a lot of this crap blows over & 4 cores are released!

Sorry for the Rant .....

Cheers :(

1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg

No one is saying to buy the Nexus, stick with your TB

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I had really high hopes for the GNex. The Razr & Rezound weren't what we wanted in the end & now the GNex has some issues that are only showing up now & Verizon is all hushed about the whole thing. I have learned to manage my battery use & carry an extra battery. The Razr would have been great, but they glued it shut. The Rezound has chipped batteries so you can't charge it with generic batteries in it. Now the GNex has issues with swapping the batteries ...... & then all the specs shown until 2 days ago showed an FM Radio in the GNex & now they don't, just like the Rezound, so I get the Rezound thinking it had the FM Radio in it.

So I had to Rant a little, just tired of Verizon & their Vendors leaking false info & then finding out the truth later! Be nice if Verizon would just anounce it & show the real specs!

Cheers :)

You have a rant on batteries and your phone of choice is the Thunderbolt. Even I can't make this stuff up.

I'm happy you like your Thunderbolt. I had one for 6 months and couldn't wait to get rid of it. Soon most of us will be happy.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Saw the thread...clicked it...and it opened...

Read the OP's post...then saw his user picture...

profilepic518298_2.gif

And all I could think about was the tone of his voice...I imagined him saying "There's no Christmas, No Santa, No Easter Bunny, No Birthdays!"

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
dude I have the thunderbolt and can clearly say that after holding the nexus today and finally tasting some ICS, it straight up rapes the Bolt. The bolt is good, but's its old tech now. It's an evo in a new body and a lil bit better processor. Wait for 4 cores on a cell phone... dual core is still future proofed buddy.

MMcCraryNJ

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
This was the first post on this forum to make me do a spit take and laugh for about 5 minutes. Usually stupidity offends me, but this was so over the top dumb that I just lost it. God, you're so dense. Kudos to you good sir.

brinox

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
OmG YOU GUYZ! I CANT BELIEVE VERIZON HAD THE AUDACITY TO MAKE A PHONE SUCH THAT I HAD TO POST MY EVERY PASSING THOUGHT ON forums.androidcentral.com. IM TOTALLY GOING TO PASS ON THE GNEX BECAUSE OF THE NEWLY ANNOUNCED GOOGOROLA TROLL PHONE. ITS A DECA-BAND PHONE THAT I USE ON MARS, AND I CAN POST RESTLESS BANTER USING FINGER-ACTIONS-TO-TEXT-INSIDE-MY-SPACE-SUIT (coming to an android phone near you with the yet to be announced android version "snickerdoodle".

or in other words, if you're freaking out this much 3 days before the release of the gnex, chances are you are going to buckle either way and walk out of a VZW store with gnex in hand... regardless, no one here cares enough to lend you the time of day with a thoughtful post if you aren't going to do the same.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The Thunderbolt is a solid phone, and I've been very satisfied with it. (Thanks in large part due to the development community). I blame the herd mentality many people have that give the Bolt a bad name. Every device has it's share of problems/issues, and believe it or not the Nexus will as well.

However, barring any unexpected setbacks I'll be giving serious consideration to the Nexus in late January when my upgrade is available and kick this phone to the curb ;)

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I will agree with the OP only in the sense that it lacks MicroSD card slot. I will also add the decision to remove the physical buttons from the bottom of the phone. This is new and experimental territory with ICS and I'm not sure I like it. Good thing is they'll have to disable it when they upgrade other phones to ICS, so we'll get to keep our buttons.

The whole phone seems so beta/experiemental type of a phone. Not sure I want to have a phone like that for 2 years. I can wait till ICS "melts" so to speak and other phones get upgrade within 90 days or so.

The specs on the Galaxy S2 LTE seem more appealing to me. Even if it means changing carriers for a phone I like more.

I'm not trashing the Nexus like the OP is, it seems nice and all, just doesn't quite have the right assortment of specs that I'm looking for in my next phone. The SGS2 LTE on AT&T does.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The last good Android phone! Google is really going to ruin the whole Google experience ..... NFC & Battery relationship & Verizon Blocking it!!! Might as well glue the battery in .... right? Why ruin an Open phone by closing it?? No Flash, No SD, No FM Radio ...... I give up!

I am sure there is more Verizon & Google aren't telling us :p

Non removable batteries, No SD cards, No Flash, No FM Radio .... what else are they going to take?

I'll just wait until a lot of this crap blows over & 4 cores are released!

Sorry for the Rant .....

Cheers :(
Verizon is NOT blocking Google wallet! Read their press release. The only nexus even available to this day with wallet is the nexus s 4g on sprint lol. The batteries are easily removable and swappable. I am personally getting the extended one being offered. I am sorry if fake Chinese rip offs that could ruin your phone are your choice of battery but I would hardly consider not being able to use those a con. FM radio can be downloaded as an apk which I did for my droid 3 and use everyday. Flash will be here before the end of the month and it is leaving for good on all future phones so that's not an issue with the nexus.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is NOT blocking Google wallet! Read their press release. The only nexus even available to this day with wallet is the nexus s 4g on sprint lol. The batteries are easily removable and swappable. I am personally getting the extended one being offered. I am sorry if fake Chinese rip offs that could ruin your phone are your choice of battery but I would hardly consider not being able to use those a con. FM radio can be downloaded as an apk which I did for my droid 3 and use everyday. Flash will be here before the end of the month and it is leaving for good on all future phones so that's not an issue with the nexus.

Verizon IS blocking it because google won't pay them for wallet to be on there, and Verizon has a competing payment system. There is no legitimate reason that wallet is not being included, except for Verizon's greed.

SoulWeaponry

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I second this thread being so over the top it's not even offensive. It's freaking hilarious. Right after this i'm going to the iphone forums and telling them that i'm not getting it. Because really. I feel like they should know right? I don't want the iphone 5 coming out and them making threads all like "where's the splinter pooper at? I thought he was going to join us!"

I propose the day the nexus comes out, we start a thread for gtojon entitled "please come back! We miss you!". I...don't think our forum can feel completed without him

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I will agree with the OP only in the sense that it lacks MicroSD card slot. I will also add the decision to remove the physical buttons from the bottom of the phone. This is new and experimental territory with ICS and I'm not sure I like it. Good thing is they'll have to disable it when they upgrade other phones to ICS, so we'll get to keep our buttons.

The whole phone seems so beta/experiemental type of a phone. Not sure I want to have a phone like that for 2 years. I can wait till ICS "melts" so to speak and other phones get upgrade within 90 days or so.

The specs on the Galaxy S2 LTE seem more appealing to me. Even if it means changing carriers for a phone I like more.

I'm not trashing the Nexus like the OP is, it seems nice and all, just doesn't quite have the right assortment of specs that I'm looking for in my next phone. The SGS2 LTE on AT&T does.

WTF??? ICS seems beta to you??? Are you on meth bro? And and what assortment of specs are you looking for?