Wait for Goog/VZW/Sam update clarification, anyone else?

zero.

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
this hype is crazy. but im pulling back from the whirlwind until some clarity shows regarding the ownership of the update process among the 3 partners (if you can dare call them that). i will wait until after the new year even if the phone sells sooner, so you early adopters can give me an earfull of rants & raves that we haven't heard yet.

im almost desperate for a new phone, but the hype is so much that im not sure any of us know how this will play out. i want this phone for a few reasons, but at the top of the list is the developer community foundation that will keep me engaged and interested in this phone, and also being first in line for all things possible with fresh software. i think it will be worth the wait, but like many of you, i cannot be sure it will actually live up to the hype regarding a "true" google phone, whatever that may mean. i want to be sure the partners dont mess it up first. anyone else with me?

Reactions: stabbedintheface

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Ill be picking one up the morning its released and I will be sure to provide as much feedback as possible.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It's certainly a lot of hype among our small community. I will get it when it's available but it depends on how long this takes. I've thought about cutting ties with VZW and porting my number to my GSM model Galaxy Nexus on T-mobile.

LTE is fast but, it is a little inconsistant. When I had the Bionic it would drop signal at my home a lot and constantly switch from 3G to 4G. When I hear stories of the Verizon GN losing data that concerns me. Hspa + while not as fast, is more available at my home.

gnipeh

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
At the beginning, I was waiting mainly for all the logical reasons, ICS, Nexus, NFC etc etc. Although these are still big reasons, my biggest reason to wait is I have been waiting for so long and dealing with my barely usable OG Droid for so long, I cannot quit now! I ain't no quitter!

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Waiting is prudent, but just be clear on WHY you're waiting. Otherwise, you'll always wait as there's always something new right around the corner.

I'm waiting for general availability so that I can compare return times, fees, and discounts across retailers.

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I am done getting excited about a rumored date - will wait until they release it - or get "official" information.

I have a BB9930 that I am getting really tired of - the wife wants it - so I am good until whenever they release it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87