Changing color of LED notification light?

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
yes.
been so long with out one i forgot about it.

I just tested it, it is a white dot right in the middle of the bottom of the phone (only tested for text msg. not anything else, so not sure about different colors)
the only setting i found was for on and off. (settings > Display > Pulse Notification Light)

GinahLA

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
with email the white light comes on. i also have KIK meesenger and the green light also comes on but it does not pulsate. its just stays lit until u swipe the notification off

JB426

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
With Light Flow you can set a different color for each notification, set flash speed, even custom colors. Works pretty good. Light Flow Lite is free and Light Flow is $1.99.

shaneneff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I think light flow might be my favorite application. It's invaluable for me in a meeting to know if I have a new work email, personal email, Facebook update, text message, voicemail...etc without having to even pick up the phone. Makes me love my gnex even more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I wish there was a simple version of Light Flow. I want to hit the app, select the notification , Select the color then select either pulse, solid, or off .

Too bad im not a programmer lol just that basic setup would be sweet light flow seems so messy.

shanedroid1

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Does lightflow decrease battery life on the nexus? I really like the idea of this app and would like to use it but I don't wanna waste 1.99 if its gonna be a battery hog lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Lite flow rocks and the free version works fine. I haven't seen a decrease in battery life since I got it. No harm in trying the free version. I have every notification customized according to color.

NNate

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I love light flow - even though it isn't perfect. Sometimes it'll miss notifications, sometimes I'll get a notification and nothing is there.

Still, it's the best out there so i can't really complain.

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
another vote for Light Flow. takes a little bit to understand what app and configure it, but once done it works extremely awesomely (new word).

u can set priorities to different apps or conditions, like i have low battery as priority 1 with a steady red light so i always know when it's under 15%. i have missed call as #2 with blinking red dot so i always know when i have a missed call. things like email (work) or new texts, tweets, FB notifications etc i have lower based on how important they are to me. great app, well worth it for this phone. works with gosms, too.