Is there a stock contacts widget?

mrwax

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I was looking for something like i had on my X. At the top it displayed there facebook picture then you could add quick tasks like Call and text with one widget, you could make the widget have more functions if you wanted to. They SORT OF have it on this, but it looks like you have to create a seperate shortcut for each task (text, call, etc). Anyone know if there's a way to get it like on the Droid X?

hitem20

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I was looking for something like i had on my X. At the top it displayed there facebook picture then you could add quick tasks like Call and text with one widget, you could make the widget have more functions if you wanted to. They SORT OF have it on this, but it looks like you have to create a seperate shortcut for each task (text, call, etc). Anyone know if there's a way to get it like on the Droid X?

if you go to your apps then scroll over to widgets you can add a contact for each person to a home screen. Tap on their picture and it brings up phone/email/text/address/online accounts. If you do not want all of this info you can just add a direct dial or direct message button to the home screen the same way as described by using the appropriate widget.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that is how I have it now, but a scrollable widget (like the one for bookmarks) would be nice. I had this with Launcher Pro and it was very handy, without having to create a series of separate contact icons.

tyrelsackett

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Create a single contact icon on your screen and then continue creating more single contacts and drag them onto the original contact to create a contact folder. If that doesn't work for you, then there are several nice contact widgets in the market for free.

Reactions: Vance14

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Create a single contact icon on your screen and then continue creating more single contacts and drag them onto the original contact to create a contact folder. If that doesn't work for you, then there are several nice contact widgets in the market for free.

That is a pretty good idea! I will try that out. I have Beautiful Widgets, but they don't have a contacts app, either. I could try a standalone from the market if I don't like this folder idea. Thanks!

Edit: tried it out and it works great! And it takes up even less screen real estate than a widget, thanks!

Last edited:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
is there a "People" or "Contacts" App on ICS? or do you just use "Phone"? i have an EVO and i believe "People" is an HTC App. i'm wondering what stock ICS uses. i forgot to check this when i was looking at the G-Nex yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevenharvi