OMG Skype sux!

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I've waited eight months to have someone to video chat with! I passed my Thunderbolt to my wife. I set up Skype on both phones. The settings are both set to allow video chat. Setting up phone numbers for contacts is a nightmare. Guessing and Googling how to make a fricking international phone number...
The contacts don't show a video chat option. I can't call her number without Skype disconnecting and bringing up a $0.00 balance.

What the hell?:mad:

ecirish

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you using Skype Mobile for Verizon? Make sure to get just "Skype", I've video chatted with it and it's been fantastic from my experience.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
It's only free for Skype to Skype calling. You both need to have Skype open. Add each other and when you are both online, you can make free calls. If you call a phone number, that costs money.

johnglad

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Also, does the thunderbolt have gingerbread? Skype video calling doesn't work on froyo

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

anon(20593)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Use "Skype", not "Skype for Verizon"..

But more importantly, how is the speaker quality / sound on your phone. It SUCKS on mine, I need to have the volume on full and still have the phone right next to my face to be able to hear any sound out of the speaker.

I have not tried the headphones yet, but at the current volume level, it pretty much rules out any and all living room group video skyping with my family.

I am just stunned by how low the sound is.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
you obviously do not know how to setup or use skype. you have to setup skype account online preferably via PC. get a skype user name and password. invite your wife via skype to be your friend and vice versa. once you have done this. open up skype, not skype mobile and enter user name and password. you will see your skype friends in your skype contacts. pick your wife hit video call and booyah.

then quit ing about something you obviously didnt even try to look through skype FAQ or google to figure out!!!:p

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
you obviously do not know how to setup or use skype. you have to setup skype account online preferably via PC. get a skype user name and password. invite your wife via skype to be your friend and vice versa. once you have done this. open up skype, not skype mobile and enter user name and password. you will see your skype friends in your skype contacts. pick your wife hit video call and booyah.

Whoa! Lots of assumptions there moron. I suppose I should thank you for your reply, but you make it hard. When trying to read faqs via my nexi I can't zoom in on the font. The text is unreadable even with the super high rez of the Nexus. So I'll check out what you're saying if I can decipher your slang.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Whoa! Lots of assumptions there moron. I suppose I should thank you for your reply, but you make it hard. When trying to read faqs via my nexi I can't zoom in on the font. The text is unreadable even with the super high rez of the Nexus. So I'll check out what you're saying if I can decipher your slang.

You need 2 accounts. 1 for you, 1 for your wife. I'm guessing you're trying to do it from 1 account.

Also... calling someone a moron when you can't figure out something relatively simple doesn't make people want to help you. Be a little more polite and people will help you.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
You need 2 accounts. 1 for you, 1 for your wife. I'm guessing you're trying to do it from 1 account.

Also... calling someone a moron when you can't figure out something relatively simple doesn't make people want to help you. Be a little more polite and people will help you.

I think my initial inquiries were rather non confrontational. You are guessing wrong. I have two accounts. I don't see how any communication can be done with one. I can txt but attempting to call, other than the first call, results in a $0.00 balance warning. My first call made my wife's phone ring. It left a five digit unanswered caller ID.

I listed her as a contact, however when I open her contact there is no video option. I would think if it was absolutely necessary to set up contacts on the internet it would prompt you to manage your contacts online!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I think my initial inquiries were rather non confrontational. You are guessing wrong. I have two accounts. I don't see how any communication can be done with one. I can txt but attempting to call, other than the first call, results in a $0.00 balance warning. My first call made my wife's phone ring. It left a five digit unanswered caller ID.

I listed her as a contact, however when I open her contact there is no video option. I would think if it was absolutely necessary to set up contacts on the internet it would prompt you to manage your contacts online!

First of all, drop the attitude. No one will help you if you behave this way.

Second of all, you haven't done what they told you to do. The only way for you to 'call' her without having to pay is if you call her THROUGH the Skype app on both your phone and hers within the Skype app itself. In order to do this, she needs a skype account and username, and you do as well. You call that username, not her phone number.

This is the app you need to be using:

https://market.android.com/details?...?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5za3lwZS5yYWlkZXIiXQ..

If you use the Verizon one, it will not work. She needs this app as well. Once you both have it, you need to put her Skype username (NOT her phone number) into your buddy list. From there, you can IM or call her, and it will be free.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay, that's the first time I've heard or read anything on the damn Skype site that I can't connect to another member if I don't use the username. Rather than the number.

So back to moron and intuitive assumptions....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana