Ex Thunderbolt users and the power button

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I know this is of minimal consequence and by no means a gripe, but how many of you ex Thunderbolt users keep hitting the power button instead of the volume rocker. I've gotten so used to my past DInc and Tbolt power and vol buttons I'm almost shutting my phone down multiple times a day.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten used to it more and more. The first couple of days I kept pressing the top of the phone to try and hit the power button and then I would remember that there isn't anything on top.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I actually prefer the location on the side vs the top. To me it just makes more sense to reach the side of the phone with your finger vs doing pushing the top down especially on a larger phone.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm slowly getting used to it. When I first got the Nexus I kept hitting the power button by mistake but better with it after a few days.

Sent using Tapatalk

Wheels309

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I am still adjusting, I spent the first day or two pressing the top of the phone to turn the screen off. The only thing that bothers me with the controls now is the volume rocker's position, I keep adjusting that when I try to turn the screen off or on.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I had more of an adjustment from my DInc to my TB with the volume rocker being moved from the right side of the phone to the left. That drove me up a wall.

Nexus change isn't as big of a deal. Then again, I haven't had many calls yet.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
First day or two I kept reaching for the top thinking why wont the phone turn on or off... LOL. I always had either a Motorolla or HTC phone with the power button on top. I've gotten use to it now.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I had more of an adjustment from my DInc to my TB with the volume rocker being moved from the right side of the phone to the left. That drove me up a wall.

Nexus change isn't as big of a deal. Then again, I haven't had many calls yet.

Yes, even after having the Tbolt for 6 months I couldn't get used to the power being on the right instead of the left.

Ironically I find the GN transition was almost immediate.