Galaxy watch active 2 power button not working

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello everyone ❤
I own an active 2 watch, recently i forgot to charge it and the watch died overnight. Now after fully charging it, it wont turn on again.
I press the power button but nothing happens.
Keep in mind that the watch was in power saving mode before the battery was depleted.
After trying many times and messing around, i discovered that the power button itself is not working, because when i place it on the charger and press the Back button, the screen turns on and shows the charging percentage, but when i press the power button, the screen doesn't respond (it should show the changing percentage just like the back button)
It chargers just fine and i tried every method of reset and 7 seconds long press on buttons.

What should i do next?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this to the Watch Active 2 forum for more specific traffic.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
It does seem like it's a power button issue since the back button brings up a screen. Only thing I can think of is to try holding the power button down longer. There is a few seconds lag before the watch starts booting up from the "off" state. Maybe try Samsung support for help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe