Why isn't Browser opening PDF? And What's up with Flash?

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I was on a website in my browser on the G Nexus and clicked on a PDF link on the site which was the menu for a restaurant. The Galaxy Nexus did not open the link and did not seem to even download it. I tried it in both mobile and desktop mode, with no luck. My Droid Incredible handled such tasks with no problem, and when I went to an actual desktop computer and visited the site, the menu opened with no problem. Any suggestions on fixes for this?

Also, noticed something else interesting....I visited another site, and where there was supposed to be a video, an error message was there saying "Flash Player Needed," and the Galaxy Nexus would only display the video once I switched to desktop mode. Anyone else encountered this problem?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Browsing on ice cream sandwich is messed up. I've been trying to bring attention to it and no one seems to care.

In desktop mode log into gmail.com and see how weird the left pane behaves.
Set a background pic on your google homepage and see what happens then.

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Download adobe reader and flash player from the market, which I believe were just released for ICS. My pdf files download and then I open them with astro file viewer since I dont know an easier way. The browser seems to work fine after this.

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Already had EZ PDF Reader Pro installed, but took your advice anyway and downloaded the latest version of Adobe Reader and the problem still exists...on the same site, I can not view the PDF file, where it opens fine on my desktop computer...also, I already had Flash on my phone.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I googled pdf test, tapped the first link and the pdf downloaded.
I have documents to go installed and I was able to open it.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
2 words: Java Script

HTC uses a modified browser that better handles pages that have Java Scripts. The stock browser isn't so friendly on that front.

Reactions: sicario666

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
2 words: Java Script

HTC uses a modified browser that better handles pages that have Java Scripts. The stock browser isn't so friendly on that front.

I believe javascript is the reason gmail.com is acting weird in desktop mode, as is the google homepage if you're using or trying to select a background image.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo