SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

tmdao13

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
volume+ works perfectly if you have no other equalizer installed. i had to take out my dsp pack for player pro, clear cache under app management and it works fine

make sure volume+ is the only sound management you have running and it'll have no conflict

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Works for me! I think like someone else mentioned that Volume+ was more a placebo effect. Also I think this EQ app may drain the battery. Normally I lose 7-8% overnight on the phone when not plugged in but this time I went from 55% down to 18% when I woke up, never seen that before.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
well gave this a try but it eventually shut iself off or the phone turned it off for me. it was working for a while then few hours later volume was back to normal. you have to keep opening it cause os seems to kill it at some point. :(

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
volume+ works perfectly if you have no other equalizer installed. i had to take out my dsp pack for player pro, clear cache under app management and it works fine

make sure volume+ is the only sound management you have running and it'll have no conflict

welcome to the boards.
Poweramp, my music player has an eq in it. Will that affect volume + or this app?

mmellis

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Also I think this EQ app may drain the battery. Normally I lose 7-8% overnight on the phone when not plugged in but this time I went from 55% down to 18% when I woke up, never seen that before.

I worried about the same thing, but i've been running the app for 18 hours now and no noticeable drain and the OS hasn't tried to kill it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

imager01

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I have used Volume+ for quite a while on my Asus Transformer and have been pretty satisfied with it. After reading this thread I downloaded Equalizer for my GNex and was blown away by it! I now have it installed on my Transformer as well and the difference is amazing.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Kancerstick

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
i love this app, way better than volume + where it did increase volume, but sounded like .

im having a problem though, while im using the equalizer, it does work... however no matter what im doing it is not saving the volume increase. I look in my current processes and it is def running in the background. I am following instructions by pressing store, then home button. Not back. Anyone can help me out?

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone running this for a few days can comment on battery usage? Since it's running constantly in the background.

I am interested in everyone's findings as well.

When I first got my gNex, I added widgets, volume+ etc...battery drained in no time. Wiped and just loaded main apps, no widgets yet, no system modifying apps (like Volume+, lightflow, etc...) and my battery life is awesome. Something was killing it, just have not figured out what it was

downtown jewelry bryan

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I am interested in everyone's findings as well.

When I first got my gNex, I added widgets, volume+ etc...battery drained in no time. Wiped and just loaded main apps, no widgets yet, no system modifying apps (like Volume+, lightflow, etc...) and my battery life is awesome. Something was killing it, just have not figured out what it was

same here, ever since getting this equalizer, lightflow, simi clock my battery's been draining faster. i dont know if i'm still getting effects from the signal problems yesterday (been on 4G w/1bar consistently). android OS is pretty high at 33%. display is on automatic.

this question should probably be on a new or different existing thread but do we need to download flash from the market? it was one of the apps that didnt automatically download for me when i got the phone so i manually downloaded it along with some other apps. anyone know if there's a list of apps that we dont need to have on the device due to ICS compatibility?

6spd

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what you guys are talking about.. I installed this and set the settings according to the screen shot in the original post.

While the volume is louder, it's so distorted! Go into sounds and play some of the stock android sounds. It sounds like the speaker is busted!!

The regular click sounds you get when you push buttons on the phone, that sounds fine. The click when you shut off the screen -- that sounds fine too. But all the sound effects you get from notifications sound terrible!!!