Low BT Volume

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing really low BT volume?

I don't think it's necessarily an issue with this phone but rather an issue with Android 14. When my ZF3 updated to Android 14, I immediately noticed the difference and started searching for a work around. I was able to go into dev settings, make a couple changes, and this made a huge difference. But with the S24U it didn't seem to help. I've disabled the max volume limit setting.

I'm seeing this with all media apps including YT, YT Music, Amazon Music, etc. I've tried using different premium earbuds (Jabra Elite 10 and Sony WF-1000XM4). The only setup that seems normal is when playing music BT to my car.

Attached is a screenshot of the dev settings that helped tremendously with my previous phone.Screenshot_20240218_065815_Settings.jpg

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes same here. I notice it the most in my car with the hoopla audiobook app. Soon frustrating. I'm using the same changes you posted but on my s24u and it helps a little. But it feels like any louder and there will be distortion

Reactions: mlblack16

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed low volume. I had BT issues that only seemed to happen between my phone and car where audio sounded like putting a needle on a dusty album. If you know you know. Anyway at first it seemed like it would go away after a while, almost like a tube in a TV needing to warm up. Again if you know you know. It got to the point where it didn't matter how long I waited it never improved. Talking to my son, he said the same thing happened to his mother in her car. Granted hers is that fruity brand but it was odd since it never happened in my car with any other device. Luckily this year we all have the same phone so we could test. So, when their phones didn't do it I went a head and factory reset my phone on day 2 or 3 and the issue cleared up. It also fixed the auto connecting issue I was having. With every device until this one the car would take over audio almost instantly as soon as the radio had power. It happened so fast that it was sometimes annoying, it happened while the radio was still displaying the splash screen. I figured out with this device it wouldn't connect until I woke up the screen. After the reset it went back to normal. I'm not saying that it will help you but It worked for me.

You might also try clearing out the partition cache if you're not ready to take the big leap. For me I still had my old device and didn't have too much time into setting up or using the new device. It was still a pain but far less than if I had been a month into it.

Last edited:

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Update on this. I had stated the issue with BT volume was with earbuds but the volume in my car was perfectly fine.

Well, I'm happy to have discovered that my Jabra 10 Elite have a volume control on the right bud. I never turned it down or even used it, but I think when the feature was enabled through the last software update it was turned down somewhat low by default.

I also thought all it did was increase the BT volume slider on my phone but it actually increased the volume on the earbuds. I held until they emitted an audible sound signaling max volume and they are LOUD.