How to put digital clock on home screen?

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
First you need to download a clock widget from the market. I recommend beautiful widgets, since it has many skins. Then you place the widget on your homescreen like u would with any other widget.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

quiklives

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
If you want something with a really simple look, you might want to check out Minimalist Text Widget. There's a free version, and it can be used to make just about anything. I use it for a text version of a clock, but it also offers the numbers like a typical digital clock.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I use Fancy Widgets as well. This is what my screen looks like right now.

GN1228Screen.png

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
how did you change the font? I have the free version and the font used isn't as clean as yours.

I downloaded Fancy Widgets Pro from Amazon App Store when it was their free app of the day and then I got an email saying that it wasn't being updated anymore and I got a link to a free upgrade key for the newest version. That being the case, I downloaded the ICS Lockscreen clock theme.

Reactions: ohiomoto

rlhammon

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
First you need to download a clock widget from the market. I recommend beautiful widgets, since it has many skins. Then you place the widget on your homescreen like u would with any other widget.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

This is great information... however, seeing as this is my first Android device, I don't understand how to install widgets. All I've found online is instructions which say do a "long press" on the homescreen, or use the menu button and select "add". There is no menu button on ICS, and when I do a long press on the home screen it brings me options to change wallpaper only. If I long press on the app icon, what I get is the ability to move the icon, nothing else.

Coming from a BlackBerry I do like my Nexus, but I find it difficult to understand widgets, since I haven't been able to install any of them to date.

Last edited:

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This is great information... however, seeing as this is my first Android device, I don't understand how to install widgets. All I've found online is instructions which say do a "long select", but when I do that what I get is the ability to move the icon, nothing else.

Coming from a BlackBerry I do like my Nexus, but I find it difficult to understand widgets, since I haven't been able to install any of them to date.

It's different in ICS. They've done away with much of the long press functionality. Just go to your app drawer and add them through there. You have the widgets tab that you can go to and it will show all of the widgets available.

Reactions: rlhammon

rlhammon

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
It's different in ICS. They've done away with much of the long press functionality. Just go to your app drawer and add them through there. You have the widgets tab that you can go to and it will show all of the widgets available.

That did it. I never use that app drawer icon on the bottom, so hadn't noticed that at all.

It's odd to me how disjointed Android is. You seemingly have to go different places all the time to do similar items. My BB was much better in that respect, but that respect only.

Got it working, and found all the widgets I've attempted to install there. Now time to play with the phone some more!

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Long press is used a lot on places considering it's not supposed to be. Consistency is lacking a little. copy and paste is another disjointed function, seems to work different every time i try to use it.

Darla Wickham

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I found all these answers worthless as I got the widget. the widget is on the home page, but it will not install. I have a motorola moto g phone. How do you manually install it?