Voicemail issue.....very strange

Mooondog

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I can't access my voicemail account from the GN. I can from a land line. They've opened up a trouble ticket. Sounds like it's a device issue. How is that possible? I calls the voicmail line. My connection is good. The signal tones seem loud and clear.

bizarre....

Any thoughts on what it may be?

edit: to be clear...when I put in my password, it says the password isn't correct.

Mooondog

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
You must be one of the 3 people not using Google Voice. :p

ha ha..nice... Well, it wasn't working on my work voicemail either. It's funny, the pre-programmed passwords I input on the contact would work. But if I manually enter passwords it wouldn't.

SHWELL

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
It is very true. I cannot use the Visual VM program either. None of the VM's show up, and when I call in through the phone, no dice.

I guess I'll tunr my Gvoice back on then.. Kind of sucks though.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't access my voicemail account from the GN. I can from a land line. They've opened up a trouble ticket. Sounds like it's a device issue. How is that possible? I calls the voicmail line. My connection is good. The signal tones seem loud and clear.

bizarre....

edit: to be clear...when I put in my password, it says the password isn't correct.

All three may work:
Don't use speaker phone.
Program your password automatically into dialing your voicemail.
Switch to long tones in your phone settings.

Mooondog

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
All three may work:
Don't use speaker phone.
Program your password automatically into dialing your voicemail.
Switch to long tones in your phone settings.

Didn't work either on or off speakerphone.

Yes...I should program my password

already switched to long tones

Anyway, havn't gotten a call back from VZW but now all of the sudden it is working again. Go figure.

anon(20593)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Voice, but for the first message I ever received (even though I had Google Voice voicemail set up), a normal voicemail notification showed up in my notification bar. And now it won't go away!

My Verizon voicemail inbox is empty.

Please help.

merloquin

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

bizarre....

Asked and answered:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus/146162-does-your-86-voicemail-work.html

Mooondog

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So VZW just followed up on the trouble ticket. Said that Samsung is aware of this issue with the GN and working on a fix. Said people have been successful by turning the volume down on the phone before keying in tones. Gonna issue an OTA at some point. Glad to know it wasn't me going crazy.

Mooondog

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So I called voicemail. Keyed in my password and it again said "you have entered the wrong password" or whatever... I immediately lowered the volume from high to low (which is what VZW recommended) and then it worked. This was on the same call.

So yeah....there is definitely some type of bug.

Nirvana328

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Voice, but for the first message I ever received (even though I had Google Voice voicemail set up), a normal voicemail notification showed up in my notification bar. And now it won't go away!

My Verizon voicemail inbox is empty.

Please help.

This worked on my GSM Galaxy Nexus, maybe it will work on the Verizon version:

Go to:

SETTINGS > APPS > ALL > PHONE > CLEAR DATA

If you don't see an app called PHONE, try looking for one called VOICEMAIL and clear data there.

edit
so apparently what I wrote above is really only a temporary fix until the app reloads its data and again shows the never ending indicator.

What I ended up doing randomly was just calling my carrier for tech support and they were able to send a reset signal to clear out my voicemail indicator. So essentially the tech support just cleared out the system's voice mail indicator and that fixed the problem. I personally use Google Voice for voicemails so I can't say if this will reset your voicemails, but from my experience I didn't have to reprogram my voicemail service or settings (for the carrier). But I would double check with the tech support just in case. Cheers!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87