Facebook on ICS / Galaxy Nexus seems extremely sluggish

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed this? Loading the Facebook app itself is quick but then anything within it is very slow - switch to news feed takes 10 or so seconds before anything appears, loading a photo takes about the same time - it feels much, much slower than a iPhone 4S and was wondering if I just have a bad gnex or this is a known thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Its the app itself. Facebook loads slow for me too. Even when i have full bars on LTE. Like you said, the app comes up fast but the information sometimes takes forever to load. My girlfriend also has it happen on her Iphone 4S. Just check the ratings on the Android or Apple app store. Tons of people complaining about load times.

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
It's slow for iOS too. The app is just terrible across the board. How the world's most popular social network allows such a god awful mobile service baffles me.

Switch to Google+!!

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed this? Loading the Facebook app itself is quick but then anything within it is very slow - switch to news feed takes 10 or so seconds before anything appears, loading a photo takes about the same time - it feels much, much slower than a iPhone 4S and was wondering if I just have a bad gnex or this is a known thing.

I have always had problem with the facebook apps. In my opinion the app is complete crap. There are times where it works like a breeze. Unfortunately, the majority of the time it is one of the slowest, unreliable apps ever.

If the market allowed for negative stars to be given, I would definitely give it a negative. I have bookmarked the fb website and use that.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
It's slow for iOS too. The app is just terrible across the board. How the world's most popular social network allows such a god awful mobile service baffles me.

Switch to Google+!!

I do use Google plus for the most part and it is much faster but its not really easy to cut the Facebook chain completely. Also I have both a gnex and iPhone 4S and have tried Facebook side by side and though I'd be hard pressed to call the 4S fast, its quite a bit faster than the gnex.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Its the app. It sucks, and its not just on Android. (actually, I've found the Android version to be the most stable) On my iPad anytime I try to do anything except for refreshing the news feed, the app crashes.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I find the iphone version to be much quicker to update than on my Gnex.....many more "memory" related issues on the gnex like nothing ever loading with FB.