Help me make my POS nexus better!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can jailbreak it... unless someone found an exploit recently.

The most recent iOS (at least the one from when the iPad 3/whatever it's called was released) was jailbroken like a day or so after, but it was a tethered jailbreak. Unsure if there's an untethered one ATM, but I'm sure if there isn't it's imminent.

rufflez

Banned
Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
The most recent iOS (at least the one from when the iPad 3/whatever it's called was released) was jailbroken like a day or so after, but it was a tethered jailbreak. Unsure if there's an untethered one ATM, but I'm sure if there isn't it's imminent.

meh, don't care anymore. I knew there wasn't one for the 5.0 update in January. Seems like a royal pain in the ass.

rufflez

Banned
Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Photoon4-11-12at1106PM.jpg

mlb.tv app we were talking about... check it out

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I was guilty of posting in that thread but it was not aimed at people who are willing to learn, are learning, or wanting to learn. It was aimed at people who refuse to learn and who put down us flashers and modders. I can't believe the attitude by some here. I don't have a superiority complex. I really enjoy Modding/flashing and the like. I have a desire to help people, and my passion to pass on what I've learned is instead met with resistance and name calling. There seems to be a culture of ignorant bliss here. This is what was communicated in that thread on rootzwiki. Just wanted to make that clear.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I didn't pay any attention to the users who posted in that thread, but nice to see you have the nads to admit you were one of them.

I don't think I've read any threads on this site where people insulted those who do mod their devices.
What I have read are posts saying it doesn't make sense to say that the device *has to be* modded just to make it usable.

Reactions: jroc

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I didn't pay any attention to the users who posted in that thread, but nice to see you have the nads to admit you were one of them.

I don't think I've read any threads on this site where people insulted those who do mod their devices.
What I have read are posts saying it doesn't make sense to say that the device *has to be* modded just to make it usable.

Cool. I understand your position. I have been called names in here for being a root user. Others have told me its happened to them too. Not losing any sleep over it though! :)

For what its worth, and I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, but my GNex was fine out of the box....no signal dropping or in-call phone issues. No reboots or force closes either. Rooting/flashing/etc has just enriched my experience plus I enjoy doing it. As far as people being unluckier than I with phones not up to snuff out of the box, I have this to say: Verizon is notorious for slow updates so if you want a better experience with fixes, we have to rely upon Google and the Dev community. Its just the way it is right now. Maybe one day it won't be like this?

DB12088

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I flashed 4.0.4 Monday night and so far it has corrected the radom reboots and data drops hopefully it keeps up i really like this phone and i am a total noob to all of this

Kilj0y

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Codename or liquid smooth roms and franco milestone 2 kernel = smooth, stable, and good battery life.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I used to be a lot more active on the forums but I'll chime in here. This is absolutely the best phone I've ever owned. I unlocked and rooted 30 minutes after it was shipped to me, and installed a ROM later that night. To me, if you get this phone and don't expect to do stuff like that, you're missing out on all of the fun. It's like buying an exotic car and sticking to the speed limit.

Reactions: SOTK

Donnie Pridemore

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I rarely get on this forum as I work 2 jobs and have not time for it. 90% of what everyone says here is completely over my head. All I really want is for my phone to quit dropping calls. Does anyone really know when an update is coming for these phones? My patience is running thin. There is a lot to love about this phone, but I need the dropped calls to come to an end ASAP.

Dplymkr88#AC

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
All I really want is for my phone to quit dropping calls. Does anyone really know when an update is coming for these phones? My patience is running thin. There is a lot to love about this phone, but I need the dropped calls to come to an end ASAP.

My thoughts exactly. Updated, tried different ROMs, still the same problems with radios.