Is the 4.0.4 ota out yet

gathome

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I didn't. Just tried holding power and volume up buttons while powered on and powered off and didn't get the same screen back. The screen I saw said, "Downloading. Do not turn off target."

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That's a screen built Into the phone. You simply entered a programming mode in accident. You with get a popup window while using the phone normally when the update is actually pushed to you.

Sent from my (stock) toaster oven.

jhtheking

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I didn't. Just tried holding power and volume up buttons while powered on and powered off and didn't get the same screen back. The screen I saw said, "Downloading. Do not turn off target."

Not sure what combination of buttons it is but I have done this a few times before too.. unfortunately it's not the update :(

lalo56

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Why am i getting this error message? 'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

AHH USB DEBUGIN WAS NOT ENABLED!

Wait still having same problem. What do I need to do?

Last edited:

Silent Patriot

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
The OTA made its way to some phones, but not all. There is a way to get the update, either by rooting your phone or going through the steps to force the phone to take the OTA without root.

Here is the link on how to get the update WITHOUT rooting or unlocking your phone:
IMM76K Direct for Verizon Galaxy Nexus Manual OTA Instructions [UPDATED][New Working Link] ? StrifeJester's Rants

Finally took the plunge and installed this manually last night. Didn't want to have to Root or Unlock, and didn't have to. Already had CWM Tether installed, so just copied the files to the same directory as adb and followed the instructions - took about 20 mins.

Verizon has had me on the Hybrid Alltel PRL (65268) since around Jan. for the signal issues, but I called them back today and got re-flagged for the native one (15119) and all seems great so far. Most importantly, 4G seems to be working GREAT now, and I can tether without the battery losing a charge while plugged into AC! :cool:

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It only rains after I water the grass or wash the car. Therefore they will push it out tomorrow only if I load a custom rom tonight. Sorry folks, I am too tired to mess with my phone right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
It only rains after I water the grass or wash the car. Therefore they will push it out tomorrow only if I load a custom rom tonight. Sorry folks, I am too tired to mess with my phone right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I finally gave up, unlocked my bootloader, rooted, and flashed a 4.0.4 ROM last night. I'm very convinced the update will be out tomorrow.

I hate Verizon.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey you can thank me for gas going down as I filled up both cars. Thanks for taking one for the team though.

I don't get it though I keep washing my cars hoping for rain to no avail.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
According to the tier 2 rep i talked to its coming next week. Haha yeah right.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2010BmwM3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Will this phone ever get the update? I bought this so I wouldn't have to root my phone and I'd get OS updates quickly. I'm on 4.0.2 and the dang phone has been out for 6 months.

mwara244

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
over at galaxynexusforum .com an alleged person claims his wife works for verizon and was given a gnex as a company phone and it was installed with the .4 update, and when she asked if an official roll out was to happen was told may 30th.

I'd say take with a grain of salt, but after all the rumors of the updates, you might just want to invest in a salt-lick.

May 30