Using my Nexus at the Olympics (London)

clarker07

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this (but this is where I hang out) and sorry if this has already been asked (the search feature sucks/I suck at the search feature). I am going to the Olympics this summer and was wondering what my phone was capable of, if anything, overseas and how many arms or legs I would have to give Verizon to make it happen.

I know I can strictly use wifi and all of the functionality available with that, so at a minimum that's my plan. And probably my only option but I figured I would ask before I called Verizon. As always, thanks for your help guys.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If that is a Verizon Nexus then its not happening across the pond if its not on Wi-Fi. Plain and simple. CDMA /= GSM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
The only Verizon LTE phones that are Global via an update are the Droid 4, HTC Rezound, Razr Maxx and something else. I can't remember but the Gnex wan't on the list. Just rent a GSM phone from them or get a prepaid

Reactions: clarker07

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've never done this personally, but you can save maps and web pages (perhaps other stuff) offline and still use them over there. It's a general ICS feature.

Oh and don't forget about Skpe etc. when you're in WiFi for calls. VoIP calls are a few pennies. $25 has lasted me many months now.

Reactions: clarker07