Apps re-enabling themselves

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Just as the title describes, I am having a problem with disabled apps enabling themselves without my approval or input. Specifically, Google earth, play movies, and play books have all been disabled multiple times and every single one keeps enabling itself. I don't understand how its even possible for them to do it, but they are.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Wheels309

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I was having that problem too. Recently I started making sure the show notifications box is unchecked after disabling the app. This has stopped apps such as google+ and books from reenabling themselves automatically through updates.

I am not sure if this alone is doing it, or if it has to do with flashing the gApps with each updated nightly Rom release.

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Its not updates...the apps you mentioned will re-enable themselves every time you reboot your phone. There's a workaround out there somewhere involving disabling one of the other Google processes, but it never bothered me enough to try it and see if it worked.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Its not updates...the apps you mentioned will re-enable themselves every time you reboot your phone. There's a workaround out there somewhere involving disabling one of the other Google processes, but it never bothered me enough to try it and see if it worked.

Seriously? That defeats the purpose of being able to disable them in the first place. I don't want Google's crappy book or movie apps on my device. Same for Google+. I'd expect that from apple. Not so much from Google.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? That defeats the purpose of being able to disable them in the first place. I don't want Google's crappy book or movie apps on my device. Same for Google+. I'd expect that from apple. Not so much from Google.

Delete them?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The ability to delete Google+ is not there. If you try, the "Uninstall" is not present and only "App Info" is available.

You can with root access, although I'm unsure whether the op has that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz