Build Number IMM76Q - Service drop fix.

wildchild420187

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I bought 3 of these devices this week. The one I use is having consistent drops. It's to the point that I can't even complete a phone call, the service just drops completely. One thing I did notice, the other 2 phones aren't having the issue, so I looked through them.

All 3 phones have the same baseband and the same software IMM76Q.

My phone that drops consistently is 12.06 and the other two are 12.07.

I'm thinking of trying this downgrade to IMM76K to see if this fixes issues, but it got me to thinking, could the 12.06 with IMM76Q be a major issue, does anyone else with this same set up have no problems with signal?

I have 2 galaxy nexus phones. Both are 12.07 one is 76Q and the other is 76k. I have no problems with service or signal. Actually I am very happy with both of them. You have 12.06 I think that it is a bug when you pair 12.06 with 76Q. But there is essentially no difference between the two builds. They did not change anything except for the active search or whatever it is called. As far as I know no hardware changes were made. I don't know if any of this helps you but thought I'd give it a shot anyway. Let me know if there is anything else that I could possibly help with.

bmar29

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I regret to report that going to IMM76K did not help. Do you guys think this could possibly be a problem with the internal antenna? I think they are relatively easy to replace yourself

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
it most likely is hardware related. No one really has a solution for fixing as far as I know. It seems the people who have problems with it get replacement phones that have the same problems. I don't know if they are just cycling the phones back out or if the users are doing something that causes the drops.

It may have to do with the area you live in's coverage?

Good luck though..

rxmorph

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
it most likely is hardware related. No one really has a solution for fixing as far as I know. It seems the people who have problems with it get replacement phones that have the same problems. I don't know if they are just cycling the phones back out or if the users are doing something that causes the drops.

It may have to do with the area you live in's coverage?

Good luck though..

Probably just cycling them if anything. I don't think it is any fault of the user or the area of coverage since my replacement has been great signal wise in same areas I would drop all the time with original Gnex.

fretwire

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I sucked it up and went back to Best Buy and got a replacement since I only had it for 6 days. The new device works flawlessly, no drops in signal. So yes, I'm now inclined to believe it's hardware as well.

rvfrozn1

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Recieved my 5th replacement nexus from verizon today, so far no connections problems that i cant tell. It is IMM76Q REV12.06

The first 2 phones were IMM76K REV 12.01

The last 2 phones were IMM76Q REV 12.07

All of them had data & voice connection problems when in cdma/lte mode. enabling cdma was the only way to get use out of the devices.

valenzetti

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Fixed some critical typos in the lines of code to send to command prompt. If you followed all of that exactly I regret to say it definitely wouldn't have worked haha.

I will say this, as a development for my own situation - AOKP Jellybean HAS been giving me drops. I didn't notice at the time I wrote that it hadn't been. Even more than that, one of my coworkers got another Nexus with thardware rev 12.07 and IMM76Q. I have 12.06. When we are both at work we get data drops at the exact same time. I say when we are at work because we live in two different towns, and I don't think it happens when i'm in my town.

So far, all I can say is that it seems like an issue with both 12.06 and 12.07 when paired with IMM76Q, and this fix is specific for that pairing. Putting AOKP Jellybean on it causes the issue to return, and I don't know exactly why that is, I don't know what radios that version uses. But to say it's just a hardware issue is not correct. It's hardware when paired with IMM76Q. Rev 12.07 with IMM76K works fine, rev 12.06 with IMM76K works fine.. at least, after following this tutorial.

Last edited:

Maximaniac

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm also on 76Q and have been getting constant drops since I got the phone a month ago. Only when I switch to CDMA do I get consistent service without drops.

This has got me thinking about the OTA JB update....maybe this is why it's taking Verizon a lifetime to release it on the Gnex, because their testing is still having the same issues with data drops that we're experiencing and they want to make sure that the next update completely eliminates it.

bmar29

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Seeing as the imm76q was originally supposed to fix these issues...jelly bean is probably our only hope.

When the rumor first came out that they were releasing an update to fix the signal issue I remember thinking why on earth they would do that instead of just rolling it into jelly bean. But now I realize the reason the update came out separately was because Samsung wanted to avoid more legal woes with apple in the wake of the trial.

I think..correct me if I'm wrong..but I remember reading somewhere that Verizon had said they were coming out with a signal fix. So when imm76q appeared people naturally assumed it was it. So there should still be a signal fix out there and the only logical conclusion is jelly bean

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

youwonder

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to add my own experience to this thread, I'll try and keep it short:

I got a replacement for my nexus (had burn in issues pretty bad and vertical banding). it had imm76Q and would drop signal literally every 30 seconds. Was very, very annoying. Today as I was preparing to send it back to verizon (after getting my replacement to my replacement, lol) I noticed that google had posted an update to toro radios, and that it solved some problems with connectivity. So I figured since I'm going to flash this back to stock anyway I may as well try it.

So I went for it. I flashed the new (JELLY BEAN) radio available here: ([Radio][Bootloader] JRO03O Radios and Bootloader - xda-developers) onto my nexus w/ build imm76Q (ICS) and ...it works. called a few people and talked for about half an hour and watched a 12 minute youtube video on 4g. Going to call verizon and ask them if they'll let me send the replacement back in a bit, love this phone.

Edit: also for anyone wondering, i'm on 12.01, and the replacement that I'm sending back to them because I don't need it (which was also on 76Q) is 11.12 and worked fine.

Last edited:

onlyandroiduser

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
1. Phone 1
My phone was not a yakju so it was not updated.by google. I made it a yakju, and now it is updated by google according to GNOfficialUpdate ( an app from playstore). This phone has a IMM76D build number

I have tried so many things to get the 4.1 JB update , but, but still my galaxy nexus OS is ISC 4.0.1. Phone 1
My phone was not a yakju so it was not updated.by google. I made it a yakju, and now it is updated by google according to GNOfficialUpdate ( an app from playstore). This phone has a IMM76D build number

I have tried so many things to get the 4.1 JB update , but, but still my galaxy nexus OS is ISC 4.0.4

2. Phone 2

I have another galaxy nexus which i didnt do anything to the OS. According to GNOfficialUpdate, this phone is not updated by google. I have the same problem as in the first phone (ISC 4.0.4). This phone build number is IMM76k-.....

What shall i do to update the phones, or at least one of them ?
If an official update is not available, can i updated manually ? If yes can someone provide me the link from where i can get the JB package among with the instructions on how.to install it ?

Thank you guys