Google wallet problem

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
By following instructions, I mean I first tried to disable the device through the website. But because the circular problem (Wallet won't disable until reconnects --? Wallet won't reconnect until update --? update won't happen at all!), I ended up erasing app data, uninstalling, then sideloading via Astro. That's when it said "application not installed ." Many times.

Just rebooted the phone and tried again. This time success! Well... the first time I opened the app, it crashed hard showing a window with JAVA exceptions. Tried again, entered my credentials and all is well. Was able to even retrieve the 27 cents on my pre paid card!

Lesson to others: after clearing data and uninstalling, REBOOT before sideloading .apk. Worked here.

TJH

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

NRA_Bear

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you to everyone in this thread for getting a work around out there. I may just call it quits with the app until there is official support. It's more of a "hey Google, you've lost a Wallet customer because of this BS" thing for me. Work it out with Verizon already. The lack of official support has been an issue for months.

Between this crap and the wait on Jelly Bean, whatever the next Nexus is, I'm not getting it on Verizon unless it's my only option. I shouldn't have to work so hard to enjoy this version of the GNex fully.

For me, installing the app is a form of protest. I find applying the workaround a worthwhile endeavor so that I may thumb my nose at The Man's feeble attempt to keep me down. Screw Isis and their persistent delays.

xolanir

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
ok here is the deal: GW is forcing the update now. so you can no longer get into wallet until you update( I tried) so you cant deactivate your wallet on your gnex. what I did (at my own risk, and it will be at yours as well) is I cleared the data from the app and uninstalled GW then side loaded the new .apk for my Nexus 7
(the current verison is 1.5-R79-v5 ) and all is working fine again.

I thought of it after but if you go to your desktop and go to https://wallet.google.com/manage/#devices: disable wallet, then uninstall GW on your device. Side load the new apk and your done.. safely

I've never updated via the Market, but I saw it was available at one point and now it says "device unavailble." Seems like it was short lived after VZW losing that lawsuit. Anyway, here's the apk. Just make sure you delete data in your currect version to protect the secure element. I delete the data in settings<apps, and then uninstall it just to be safe. I like the new interface, directly linking credit/debit, and that it's working fine.

Link courtesy of XDA...https://www.dropbox.com/s/byy6zu46tdetg44/Wallet 1.5-R79-v5.apk

Didn't see above post: MD5ee2b9cac5018d99caccaf829d9f6bf8c for those that like to check.
Presto! Thx for the work around. I wonder what PR "clarification" they're gonna issue to explain why it was being disabled in the first place. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Savage Jimmy

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 1.5-R75-v6 and everything seems to be working fine. I've opened it up twice now since reading about all of this and I'm not getting any message telling me to update.

ltredbeard

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've never cleared anything on Google Wallet or even disabled my account, what happens when you get a secure element error? And based on 2defmouze's response I'm guessing resetting your phone or flashing a new rom doesnt fix this. Is that correct?

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 1.5-R75-v6 and everything seems to be working fine. I've opened it up twice now since reading about all of this and I'm not getting any message telling me to update.

You will. Don't make the same mistake I did. Disable gw in the app. Clear the data uninstall and side load the new apk. I thought I'd just wait as well and then blame it locked me out of the app and to side load after that u might risk ur secure element.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've never cleared anything on Google Wallet or even disabled my account, what happens when you get a secure element error? And based on 2defmouze's response I'm guessing resetting your phone or flashing a new rom doesnt fix this. Is that correct?

Like I said.. It's risky. The best thing you can do is reset within the app before wiping anything, as that clears its info from the secure element of your NFC chip. If that option isn't available you can try to reset it from the website which may work the same way. Or you might get away without doing it at all.. But as I said that eventually caught up with me, so I'm just looking out for you guys :)

dr_hfuhuhurr

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
This is really frustrating. Even rooted I'm having this problem. Google or Verizon. I don't care who is at fault here but I am just about fed up!

Savage Jimmy

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
You will. Don't make the same mistake I did. Disable gw in the app. Clear the data uninstall and side load the new apk. I thought I'd just wait as well and then blame it locked me out of the app and to side load after that u might risk ur secure element.

Alright. I took your advice and disabled and reset it while it would still let me. Side loaded and now I'm all up to date and back up and running. I really hope they sort this all out as this app is becoming increasingly frustrating to keep on my phone. :mad:

mraviator

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded both APKs listed in posts 16 and 17. File sizes and checksums are different, neither which matches the one given in post 17... Can someone clear this up? Thanks.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I would use the link in post 17 by con. I had trouble finding a link to the apk and the one I got is from xda but off the an HTC phone If I remember right ( I dont think it amkes a differance, but I removed my link in post 16 and directed everyone to use con's link in post 17. I hope that fixes any issues with the checksums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty