JB update this morning--missing Google Now?

abausch

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My phone updated to Jelly Bean this morning, but I cannot access Google Now on it...unless I'm missing something? On my Nexus 7, I can access it from the lock screen (swiping up), or by swiping up from any home page. But on my phone, there is nothing to swipe up to (just the normal camera to the left, unlock to the right). I've tried swiping up from the bottom of all screens, holding the home button and double tapping the home button, but nothing works. I've rebooted the phone twice, so I don't think that's the issue. I took the Google Search bar OFF my home screen, but now I can't get it back on (it's not under widgets). Could that be the reason I cannot access GNow?

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Update Google search in market. It should've done this automatically, but obviously did not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

abausch

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Update Google search in market. It should've done this automatically, but obviously did not.

Thanks, that worked! When I opened Google Search in Play, it said that it was "Disabled". Once I Enabled it and downloaded it again, it worked.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
When you first go to make a search or use the google now button from the lockscreen/home button, it asks you if you're interested in turning on Google Now. This is normal.

Oh you mean the "I'm in" thing? For some reason I pictured, probably in my fatigue, something like an evil Verizon created pop up menu that tried to dissuade the user from actually installing and using Google Now. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums