Daydream not working

j mauly

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I've found that Daydream only works when the phone (Droid maxx) is accepting a charge. If it's fully charged, Daydream stops working. Stupid design.... I believe it also conflicts with Active Display so the latter must be turned off.

Blake Decker1

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
with any samsung galaxy phone thats got daydream on it..this feature is packed with bs!!!!!!!!!..first of all introduced in an update with the s4..the phone was new and so was daydream..this is what i expect was all the overheating issues with the galaxy phones!..this daydream pops up when you dont touch anything let screen power off and it goes into a daydream state..or when fully charged it will turn on...well this was what made the s4 get so damn hot..this is what made my s5 have a hisitation on incoming calls..the screen would stay black while ringing..i dont like this option..wont use it...and dont recomend it..any questions hit me up.

Last edited by a moderator:

David Bartz

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I've tried everything that was suggested above, and still settings-display-sleep rules over daydream. I just upgraded from a Droid Razr Maxx to the Droid Maxx. I loved the time moving and dimming on the previous phone, but I solved this problem on my new phone by buying an alarm clock. :/

Yay, technology.

virgil bates

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
So I set to daydream for "either" (either charging or dock), daydream is set to "on"...
I plug in my charger, hit the power button, screen goes dark, and nothing happens.

It's not the worst of bugs but still a bummer.

I just set my screen timeout to 30 sec and it worked great after that on my droid maxx, I had same problem as you

howie0093

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Go into settings, application manager, the scroll over to disabled. See if basic daydream is disabled then just enable it. Shoukd work after that

Jennifer Rice1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Daydream use to work when charging my phone, now it does not. I plug in the charger and after while the screen goes black and that's it. I don't hit the power button or anything else. Any other suggestions?

Warriorcat1195

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem, I just switched to the S4 and I'm leaving my phone plugged in with Daydream on and not hitting the power button, but Daydream will not turn on. :(