freezing and resetting

lowdwn169

May 6, 2010
Visit site
When I go to take a picture the phone freezes. The led flashes like its taking the picture then frozen. If I leave it go it will reboot the phone. If I press the home button it goes to the home screen. Also when I go to the gallery it hangs then force closes. I did a factory reset (also for got to back up all the pics...ugh) and it still has the problem. Should I break down and call customer care. This is my 4 nexus replacement and its making me mad...
Any help is appreciated :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When I go to take a picture the phone freezes. The led flashes like its taking the picture then frozen. If I leave it go it will reboot the phone. If I press the home button it goes to the home screen. Also when I go to the gallery it hangs then force closes. I did a factory reset (also for got to back up all the pics...ugh) and it still has the problem. Should I break down and call customer care. This is my 4 nexus replacement and its making me mad...
The factory reset should have cleared any issues that are described in your post. Does this happen all the time or occasionally? Since you already did a factory reset, consider formatting the sd card where the photos or saved (make sure to make a backup of the photos beforehand).

If that doesn't fix the problem you might want to consider going back for a replacement (unfortunately) or insist on a different device, if possible.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Have you rebooted into recovery and cleared the devices cache? Try powering down, and power back up by pressing volume UP and power until you see the Samsung logo.

lowdwn169

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Cleared the cache and it seems to be working. Still seems a little laggy, but working none the less. Thanks for the help. Still might call up support. Thanks again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch