Do all these guides work on 4.4.2?

sardar615

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if the guides to Root are working on the latest release? And is there anything that I should be aware of before rooting the newest version? Please let me know, thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would read them over to make sure. Sometimes the guide writer will update if it will work or not. The only thing I can think of is to make sure you know that once you root, you can't accept an OTA until you unroot.

xnewethicx

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Ha, I would gladly never accept another OTA if I could unlock/root at this point. Got a "new" phone after an insurance claim, and they had already updated. I'm stuck.

Miredly

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same situation- just got a replacement through insurance and it came updated to 4.4.2. I might be really screwed! I travel a lot, and this phone is worthless to me with a stock VZW-only apn. It's appalling that they try to lock it down in the first place.

It looks like my only option might be trying the ghettoroot and hoping for the best, but that sounds really shaky. It's either that, or try to take the glass from the replacement and put it on my poor old shattered phone.