Question I need help with an old samsung galaxy mini GT-S5570

adz09

Jun 22, 2023
Visit site
Hello. i think i bricked my phone by trying to update from micro sd with an update for a different version. It can only go into download mode and recovery mode. I treid to follow other guides using Odin to try and fix it but when i connect the phone in download mode to the PC, Odin does not register this. There is nothing wrong with the cable or USB port either. The phone does register though in recovery mode, but nothing happens during this. Please let me know what I should do.
edit: another thing, i also tried using samsung kies to do the same thing, but the phone gets stuck on connecting and doesnt go any further

also, is it actually possible for this phone to run android 4.0+? or did I just ruin a perfectly good phone.

Thanks, adz09

adz09

Jun 22, 2023
Visit site
Welcome.

Were you trying to install a custom ROM? Is there something about Android 4 that would make the phone usable again?
hello. I updated from the micro sd with a version for the gt-s5570i which is the wrong phone. thats what briccked the phone. The reason why i want to go to Android 4 is to be able to use apps like discord, youtube, snapchat etc

Reactions: belodion

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
hello. I updated from the micro sd with a version for the gt-s5570i which is the wrong phone. thats what briccked the phone. The reason why i want to go to Android 4 is to be able to use apps like discord, youtube, snapchat etc
I can understand that, but I’m not sure how many apps would work well, or at all, on Android 4. Even if you succeeded in installing the correct ROM, the experience might be less enjoyable than perhaps you are thinking.

Reactions: adz09

adz09

Jun 22, 2023
Visit site
I can understand that, but I’m not sure how many apps would work well, or at all, on Android 4. Even if you succeeded in installing the correct ROM, the experience might be less enjoyable than perhaps you are thinking.
ok then. but do you know of any way I can unbrick the phone? if it is possible

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos