Galaxy Note II vs HTC DNA?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Tell Apple this too. :D
Oh but Apple likes to charge $75 to replace that pathetic battery they put in their iPhone as it is. Removable batteries are an essential part of any real world user who doesn't want to run for an outlet like someone who has to pee like crazy.

Done with Apple crap, I want microUSB charging so I can grab any adapter or wall charger and go. Easier to use, easier to find, and they don't cost $29.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh but Apple likes to charge $75 to replace that pathetic battery they put in their iPhone as it is. Removable batteries are an essential part of any real world user who doesn't want to run for an outlet like someone who has to pee like crazy.

Done with Apple crap, I want microUSB charging so I can grab any adapter or wall charger and go. Easier to use, easier to find, and they don't cost $29.

Never had an Iturd.....never will.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

I'm a real world user, I don't run to outlets.
I work with computers, I charge my phone with my laptop.
I also charge it in the car.

I couldn't care less about a removable battery.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not, i originally preordered the N2, then cancelled it for the DNA, but i just cancelled my DNA and reordered the N2.

Too many things bother me about the DNA.

Battery life
No expandable storage
Htc is in huge debt
Sense is intrusive
S Pen is a great idea
Multitasking for N2
Support for accessories
Screen size
Camera
Support for upgrades from google.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Believe it or not, i originally preordered the N2, then cancelled it for the DNA, but i just cancelled my DNA and reordered the N2.

Too many things bother me about the DNA.

Battery life
No expandable storage
Htc is in huge debt
Sense is intrusive
S Pen is a great idea
Multitasking for N2
Support for accessories
Screen size
Camera
Support for upgrades from google.

Agree the DNA doesn't have any exciting features besides the screen on a side note how many updates do you think the note 2 will receive

Sent from my PC36100

JWatson4701

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Every time I read about the DNA I start to think more and more to myself how I could deal with the storage and what-not. I think this mostly comes from the small part of me that is an HTC fanboy, and feeling nostalgic over my tbolt (yes I actually enjoy my tbolt). Then I watch about the Note 2 features like smart stay and the equation solver in s-note (I'm an engineering student so this in particular excites me) and get all hot and bothered for the Note 2 again. In a time were our phones are defined by the software, the Note 2 takes the cake. The DNA to me is just a tbolt with a 5" display and a better processor. Whereas the Note 2 is a completely different animal.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Big thing to consider is the size. The DNA is big, but it's only slightly bigger than the S3. The Note, on the other hand, is significantly bigger.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
The Note, on the other hand, is significantly bigger.

but it's a very nice size. I was playing with it, I could put it in my pants pocket and also fit easily in my jacket chest pocket. It's big, but it's very useable. and in two years where 4.8" phones are the standard it won't seem so large.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
How would you do that? Wouldn't you have to pay $100? I was thinking about this just because I cannot wait to switch to android.

You can return a phone as long as its within 14 days for a $30 restocking fee. Of course you would have to pay the difference between (in this case the DNA and N2) which is $100.

If you planned on getting the Note anyway, then the $100 is a moot point. But it will cost you $30 to return the DNA.

If you do this, make sure you take very very good care of the DNA while you "rent" it. VZW want let you return it if you junk it while in your possesion.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
but it's a very nice size. I was playing with it, I could put it in my pants pocket and also fit easily in my jacket chest pocket. It's big, but it's very useable. and in two years where 4.8" phones are the standard it won't seem so large.

For most people the note ii will just be too big.

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I was waiting for the DNA but like a lot of other folks it seems like on here, the lack of a SD card slot and non-removable battery took it off my short list. Tired of iPhone 4 and the 5 just doesn't do it for me so has come down to N2 or RazrMaxx HD. For the money, I like the N2 better and that's what I've ordered. Will see when it gets here if it's too big. The demo unit I played with at T-mob was doable - not a one handed phone for me 99% of the time but I can deal with that.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Multiwindow will be a huge advance in mobile technology and I believe the N2 will pioneer this wave. It will not outsell the DNA specifically on Verizon I don't believe but it beats the DNA in most every category besides the screen.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have way more than 11 GB of music on my phone right now. I wouldn't be able to sacrifice all that for the DNA's 11 usabale GB of storage.

Plus, I really don't like Sense anymore.

And the nonremoveable battery just puts it even more in the NO category.

Gorgeous screen, but it doesn't make up for its faults.

pgreeny69

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have way more than 11 GB of music on my phone right now. I wouldn't be able to sacrifice all that for the DNA's 11 usabale GB of storage.

Plus, I really don't like Sense anymore.

And the nonremoveable battery just puts it even more in the NO category.

Gorgeous screen, but it doesn't make up for its faults.

Really for me that's the biggest deal breaker. 11 gig is not near enough. I use my phone for music, movies, and games that my daughter enjoys while out at a brothers ball game or when I am traveling for work. The whole point of the big screen is to only carry one device for me anyway. Bigger battery and storage and I'd be really interested. Pre ordered note 2 today at BB.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Multiwindow will be a huge advance in mobile technology and I believe the N2 will pioneer this wave. It will not outsell the DNA specifically on Verizon I don't believe but it beats the DNA in most every category besides the screen.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

...and processor, and radios/antenna, camera, and so on. The N2 is a good device, but it doesn't beat the DNA. (Not that it matters, since they don't compete with each other anyways)