Some things I noticed on Verizon's Note 2

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok something I also noticed is no youtube and chrome in multi view as well as no blocking mode. Verizon really crippled these phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

I'm not convinced that it's something Verizon stopped. I downloaded super video and it's in the multiview bar.
The developer said he/she added support for it.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Do you have blocking mode or YouTube and chrome in the multi view?

I do not have YouTube or chrome in multiview, but the fact that I do have another app added to multiview implies Verizon isn't blocking the addition of apps.
I don't know what blocking mode is or what it does.

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I do not have YouTube or chrome in multiview, but the fact that I do have another app added to multiview implies Verizon isn't blocking the addition of apps.

Blocking mode is to set at night to block all calls and stuff from coming in. You can also set exceptions to numbers you will allow to get through even with blocking mode on.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site

EXACTLY, that was the end of it for me. I was testing an International Unlocked Galaxy Note 2 on Straight Talk (ATT) for the last few weeks (ebay $579), until VZW came out with their GN2. The bloatware really bothered me, but besides no YouTube or Chrome in multiview, there is no Twitter, no Facebook and more. Unless this is some kind os setting, I am talking it back and think I have finished with VZW. BTW, battery life is MUCH different, 5.5hours on VZW GN2, 65% battery left, not sooo bad, abut 1 hour screen and 30 minutes phone. 16.5 hours on my ST GN2, 64% battery left and this has been consistant with about 2 hours of screen and 2 hours on phone.

I am sure OS updates will come faster without having Verizon in the middle, that is a proven track record from VZW. Oh well, not trying to derail the thread. Just my findings.

Did not come here to slam VZW, but after the GNEX debacle, I think I want open, unrestricted phones, better battery. Speeds won't compare, but it is not that critical, 8mb down is fine with me.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
EXACTLY, that was the end of it for me. I was testing an International Unlocked Galaxy Note 2 on Straight Talk (ATT) for the last few weeks (ebay $579), until VZW came out with their GN2. The bloatware really bothered me, but besides no YouTube or Chrome in multiview, there is no Twitter, no Facebook and more. Unless this is some kind os setting, I am talking it back and think I have finished with VZW. BTW, battery life is MUCH different, 5.5hours on VZW GN2, 65% battery left, not sooo bad, abut 1 hour screen and 30 minutes phone. 16.5 hours on my ST GN2, 64% battery left and this has been consistant with about 2 hours of screen and 2 hours on phone.

I am sure OS updates will come faster without having Verizon in the middle, that is a proven track record from VZW. Oh well, not trying to derail the thread. Just my findings.

Did not come here to slam VZW, but after the GNEX debacle, I think I want open, unrestricted phones, better battery. Speeds won't compare, but it is not that critical, 8mb down is fine with me.

That's exactly the way I feel. I'm looking into different carrriers myself. I'm fed up with Verizon.