YouTube won't work with Multi Window?

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Gmail is true, but also keep in mind that out of the box you can't use Youtube in the web browser without manually going to Adobe's site and downloading the actual APK files for flashplayer.

Sorry, this is incorrect. I just tried it and it worked fine.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
MrMLK when you load up a Youtube video using the stock browser in multi-window mode, does it make the browser window turn into a Youtube APK window, or does it remain in the browser displaying m.youtube.com? Just curious because that's still technically the browser, however instead of a Flash element it's utilizing the Youtube.apk.

You can argue the why's and why not's all you like but what you cannot argue is the fact that the Verizon version of this phone is not only visibly different (home button logo) but it also is the only one with features stripped from it. And it also had the longest delay in release. So chalk it up however you like, the phone was supposed to have features and only one carrier is missing them.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
MrMLK when you load up a Youtube video using the stock browser in multi-window mode, does it make the browser window turn into a Youtube APK window, or does it remain in the browser displaying m.youtube.com? Just curious because that's still technically the browser, however instead of a Flash element it's utilizing the Youtube.apk.

Its still in the browser. I can post a screen shot if you like.

You can argue the why's and why not's all you like but what you cannot argue is the fact that the Verizon version of this phone is not only visibly different (home button logo) but it also is the only one with features stripped from it. And it also had the longest delay in release. So chalk it up however you like, the phone was supposed to have features and only one carrier is missing them.

This is simply not true. The ATT, T-Mobile and (It think) US Cellular phones do not have multiwindow at all. They will all need the carrier to do a firmware update before they get the feature. Verizon is missing the blocking mode and the Wifi toggle and 2 apps in the Multiwindow. All four of those things can be addressed with third party utilities (Wifi Toggle and blocking mode) or fixed with an app update. None of them need a firmware/system update. While I would prefer to have all of those feature now, none of them need Verizon approval for me to get them.

The phone has been out on Verzion for two days. We are going to be using it for the next 1-2 years. Maybe more. Can we all try to keep a little perspective? If it takes us a couple of weeks more before Mutliview has all the apps we thought we would get out of the box, is that really such a big deal?

Last edited:

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the International Unlocked GN2 (running on Straight Talk as a test), YouTube, gmail, twitter, facebook, chrome and others are supported in multiview. I picked up the VZW GN2 today and noticed they don't support those, I am taking it back tomorrow. If you are are willing to wait for an update from Verizon, plan on it being a long while. Sorry VZW, this was it for me, your bloatware, lack of vendor provided support, battery life and slow updates...I think I am done.

Couldn't agree more. Well said. I'm checking out sprint and At&T

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Its still in the browser. I can post a screen shot if you like.

This is simply not true. The ATT, T-Mobile and (It think) US Cellular phones do not have multiwindow at all. They will all need the carrier to do a firmware update before they get the feature. Verizon is missing the blocking mode and the Wifi toggle and 2 apps in the Multiwindow. All four of those things can be addressed with third party utilities (Wifi Toggle and blocking mode) or fixed with an app update. None of them need a firmware/system update. While I would prefer to have all of those feature now, none of them need Verizon approval for me to get them.

The phone has been out on Verzion for two days. We are going to be using it for the next 1-2 years. Maybe more. Can we all try to keep a little perspective? If it takes us a couple of weeks more before Mutliview has all the apps we thought we would get out of the box, is that really such a big deal?

They already pushed the update.

PrisonedMuffin

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Wait, did the Sprint version get Chrome, YouTube, Gmail, Facebook and such when it got the Multi Window update? Or did did they only get the 7 apps that are also on the Verizon version and, as a result, had to root?

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, Samsung tweeted me back and once again stated the multi window issue with missing apps will be updated and then questioned my issue with the non s planner calendar widget, the full screen one. Maybe they have will an update or response at least.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I was playing with a Sprint Samsung Note 2 today and noticed it has YouTube and other apps in the multi-window tab. However, when you press the Edit button, it seems the only thing you can do is to take out apps and move them over to another window. But you cannot replace with any other apps, which defeats the purpose of the edit button. The Sprint rep tried to replace with other apps, but wasn't able to do it. Weird, just weird. I also went over to AT&T to play with their Note 2, but that particular version did not seem to have multi-window capability, at least not that I could find.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of apps not in Multi Window, I would really love to see the Contacts app as an option.
There are times when I come across an address or phone number on the internet, and the information is an image instead of text. Therefore, it can't be copied as you would with traditional text. I planned on getting the Note 2 so I would be able to use the Contacts app and Web Browser at the same time. I could have the contact info pulled up in the browser, while using the Contacts app to enter that person or business into my Address Book. Since it doesn't have the Contacts app as an option, then it's no better than the way I'm doing on the phone I have now.