Obligatory battery life thread

thevaristy

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Alright, how was everyone's first day? I have a few wakelock issues I need to deal with, but got 6 hours screen on time on day one. This was over 9 hours or so. Excited to see how this thing does once the battery is broken in, and wakelock issue is over.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. Right now I am sitting at 10hr 36min off charger and 1hr 24min of on screen time and have 79% battery left. My S3 sure wasnt this good. Not saying its battery life was bad but it wasnt as good either. On it I would be under 75% by now with less standby lol.

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine's been worse than I expected. Don't put too much into that statement though because (1) it's only been 1 full charge cycle for me so far (2) I have been wailing on it practically non-stop since I received it Wednesday (3) I'm not much of a power conservation guy - screen cranked up, BT, wi-fi and GPS stay on all the time, etc. In other words, I treat it like I did my iPhone. If the battery life isn't good enough then I'll go swap for a Maxx HD. Officially I got 8 hours out of the first charge then topped off in the afternoon followed by Skype and a movie later that evening.

thevaristy

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Im not quite as far into my day as you are. As is currently sits...
2hrs 27m off charger
29 mins screen on
90%
Gnex would be about 50% about now.

Yesterday, I streamed Google music during my drive home (about 45-50 mins) I only lost 3%.

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine's been worse than I expected. Don't put too much into that statement though because (1) it's only been 1 full charge cycle for me so far (2) I have been wailing on it practically non-stop since I received it Wednesday (3) I'm not much of a power conservation guy - screen cranked up, BT, wi-fi and GPS stay on all the time, etc. In other words, I treat it like I did my iPhone. If the battery life isn't good enough then I'll go swap for a Maxx HD. Officially I got 8 hours out of the first charge then topped off in the afternoon followed by Skype and a movie later that evening.

With nonstop use, screen at full brightness and with bluetooth, GPS and wifi on the whole time 8 hrs is already good. You'll get more mileage when the honeymoon phase is over I guess. :) I usually get around 10-12 hours on one charge but that's because I can't put down my phone and the screen is basically awake the entire time. At work when I cant fiddle with my phone as much it usually lasts 17hrs which with data and portable hotspot turned on and some music streaming from 8tracks I already consider remarkable. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

fyrekraker

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Any tips specific to this phone to minimize battery drain? I've turned off the motion features, using wifi at work and have the screen in auto. Not using stand alone gps and making sure apps close. Battery has been decent but not spectacular. I'm at 88% with "normal" usage abiut 5 hrs into the day.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Any tips specific to this phone to minimize battery drain? I've turned off the motion features, using wifi at work and have the screen in auto. Not using stand alone gps and making sure apps close. Battery has been decent but not spectacular. I'm at 88% with "normal" usage abiut 5 hrs into the day.

Turn off S pen detection that may help. Set apps that have the option(like tapatalk) to dark mode. Use black wallpaper.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
coming from the gs3 which was pretty good, this thing rocks, with the nonstop use the battery was great. when things calm down and settle in it will be even better. i'm thinking about getting a folding portable keyboard and leave my tablet at home :)

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I am at 12h, 44m on battery, 3h, 44m of on screen time with 41% left. This is with all radios on, including 4G, brightness above half. I've rarely put the phone down since I got it.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Mines been very well. watched about 4 hours of hulu today, pandora for about an hour, and games here and there:

Screenshot_2012-11-30-15-48-54.png

Grndlvl

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been going to town wit this thing today. Streaming Pandora through blue tooth, gps on. Brightness abot half.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354309611866.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354309611866.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 82

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
first full day......12 hrs 50 mins on the battery 4 hrs 39 min with the screen on down to 18%

i'm a believer....great battery!!

Mco119

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Unbelievable battery life for me so far: battery went from 100% to 20% after a little over nine and a half hours of EXTREMELY heavy use; the vast majority of that was on screen time, with large amounts of Internet browsing, tons of texts and emails, and probably an hour and a half of calls. Absolutely incredible. That said, 4G was turned off for much of the time, as was the GPS, with most browsing done via WiFi. Screen brightness was at 75% from start to finish. Extremely pleased overall.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Right now I am at 41% with 3hrs 23min on screen time and its been off the charger for 18 hours. Theoretically should be able to get 6 hours of screen time before hitting 0 lol.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I should have taken a screen shot last night before plugging in. But yesterday I Unplugged at 4:00AM and Plugged in at 11:00PM (19 hours) with ~6 hours (it was over 6 I just don't remember the minutes) of screen on time and had 30% battery left.

I was connected to WiFi for most of the day and my activities included texting, emails, a few phone calls, web browsing, a youtube video or two of how to do something on the Note II, and some other time spent in various apps. No gaming or netflix/hulu/comcast usage yesterday.

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Unplugged yesterday at 6:40am and plugged it back in at 2am with about 8% left.

That's 19 hours and change. I think I had around 6 hours of screen on time, with about 50/50 wifi/4G.

Lot of netflix, uTorrent, and radio streaming.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I just plugged mine in. It was off the charger for 19hrs and 23min. I had 4 hours and 16min of on screen time. WiFi on most of the time. I have my screen brightness set to about 65-75% too. I would definitely say its pretty sweet. I could have made it to at least 5hrs before hitting 0% if not more. Much better than the S3.

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
After a couple of days this is more like it. 15 hours off charger with my normal moderate use. Looking very good.

uploadfromtaptalk1354506628030.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I"m getting about 5 hours of screen on time by the time it hits 20%, always on LTE (at which time I swap out for a fresh battery from the Samsung spare battery charger). So depending on how much I use the phone, I can go at least 24 hours between charges. Once I settle into a normal usage pattern though (1-2 hours screen on time), it'll most likely be once every 2-3 days. Awesome! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez