SMS Popup? (Notification Sounds)

SonOfUncleSam

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else here use SMS Popup? I have used it ever since I got my Thunderbolt, and have loved it since.

My question is, are your notification sounds REALLY loud? Despite having the system volume, ringer volume, and the notification volume on the lowest setting, its still very loud.

(And a random side question, is there a way to link the notification volume with the ringer volume? I liked that on my Thunderbolt)

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
There is no way to link them anymore stock. I think someone said in another thread that it got removed with ICS or JB I cant remember which. I can not attest to a 3rd party app being able to or not.

SonOfUncleSam

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I figured they took that option away, but I thought I'd ask so I could cover all bases. Any idea why the notification volume on SMS Popup would be really loud?

pjfan9110

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else here use SMS Popup? I have used it ever since I got my Thunderbolt, and have loved it since.

My question is, are your notification sounds REALLY loud? Despite having the system volume, ringer volume, and the notification volume on the lowest setting, its still very loud.

(And a random side question, is there a way to link the notification volume with the ringer volume? I liked that on my Thunderbolt)

I'm using stock messaging, and i have all the sounds on the lowest possible and it is still super loud. i don't know if i'm missing something, but seems way too loud...