Stock browser goes into re-load loop

Transtang z28

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
My father in law got the Note 2 yesterday and brought it over and it seems that whenever he goes to the google page with the stock browser it goes crazy and keeps reloading the page until you have to press the stop button. We did the obligatory reboot and i tried it with gps on and off since i noticed it couldn't find a precise location for us but nothing has worked yet. Does anyone have any ideas or should he get Verizon to give him a new one? I really don't think its a hardware issue though. Thanks!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Its not hardware its the app. I have the same problem. I have been using firefox browser instead until the stock browser is update

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
My father in law got the Note 2 yesterday and brought it over and it seems that whenever he goes to the google page with the stock browser it goes crazy and keeps reloading the page until you have to press the stop button. We did the obligatory reboot and i tried it with gps on and off since i noticed it couldn't find a precise location for us but nothing has worked yet. Does anyone have any ideas or should he get Verizon to give him a new one? I really don't think its a hardware issue though. Thanks!

No problem here. Have you tried clearing cache, history and cookies (Menu, Settings, Privacy and security)? Also, try setting plug-ins to "On demand" (Menu, Settings, Advanced) and uncheck "Enable location" (under Privacy and security). If all else fails, try clearing cache and data for the Internet app (Menu, Settings, Application Manager, swipe to the right to "All").

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty