Contract - Full Retail

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
So I have my upgrade ready to go and I confirmed with Verizon that I will lose my Unlimited Data plan if I use it. UGH

I cant lose my plan, I use between 2-3 or 5-6gb of data a month depending on what I am doing and the tiered plan would kill me. (I use wifi tether quite a bit) Anyone have any success in buying full retail from Best Buy or Verizon Corporate stores and getting a discount of ANY kind when paying full retail? I would assume they will try and work with you when you are paying $700 for a phone?

I never bought a phone outright so I just wanted to see what others experiences are.

Thanks,

Bob

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
No experience with Best Buy. Pay down $300 then, you could charge $400 to your account and pay it off the next bill cycle.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Bought mine at Best Buy yesterday. They had it for 799 I told them to price match it to Vzw and they did. So I ended up paying ~$734.xx with tax.

This phone is beyond worth it though!

awiz

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Look for the thread on how to keep unlimited data in the Thunderbolt forum. It may not work for you though.

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I saw on Best buy's website ee hat they have it for $799.99 which is silly.

I'll see what they say about matching the price or I kind of rather go to VZW directly to charge part to my bill.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

duenan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Verizon (for 6 yrs now) and let me tell you that they won't do you any favors, as they aren't doing any for me. I tried getting the note 2 nine days early and they said nope, gotta pay full retail if I want to get it early, so I'd say asking for a discount would be completely out of the question.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm with Verizon (for 6 yrs now) and let me tell you that they won't do you any favors, as they aren't doing any for me. I tried getting the note 2 nine days early and they said nope, gotta pay full retail if I want to get it early, so I'd say asking for a discount would be completely out of the question.

Wow. My upgrade date is April but they will let me upgrade in March. Customer care loyalty told me. Also added this comment to my acct records.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

kerrdj

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Verizon tools me I would lose unlimited too but I still did it because I couldn't afford to pay full price. I've checked my plan multiple times and I still have unlimited. Still waiting to see when the change will take effect but right now everything is wonderful.

Sent from my Verizon Note Duece

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Well I went to Best Buy and they matched Verizon price and now im the new owner of a Note 2!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I picked it up off contract. I actually sold my macbook for it. :)

My contract is up next December and my gnex recently broke so I wanted to get something I would be really happy with for the next year. Once my contract is up I'll see what my options are.

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I paid full retail for mine, and just activated it while keeping my unlimited data. Heard someone else trying to use their upgrade at a corporate store and they were told they would lose unlimited data if they used their upgrade.

A couple days later I sold my Nexus to a friend. We went into an 'Authorized Retailer, not a corporate store. They said they could upgrade him to the Note 2 in a few months when his upgrade is due and let him keep the unlimited data. The corporate stores get bonuses per user that they get off the unlimited data. The authorized retailers don't get that, so they don't care much about getting you off unlimited data. Of course, this was a salesman telling me this, so take it for what it's worth. Can't hurt to try though.

duenan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow. My upgrade date is April but they will let me upgrade in March. Customer care loyalty told me. Also added this comment to my acct records.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

They singled out the note 2 specifically saying it was an 'iconic' device and they I would be able to get any other product, just not the note 2 or an apple device. Thought that was really strange since an person from Verizon a week ago said it wouldn't be an issue.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I saw on Best buy's website ee hat they have it for $799.99 which is silly.

I'll see what they say about matching the price or I kind of rather go to VZW directly to charge part to my bill.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
The only reason I went to Best Buy is because of the 4 or 5 stores that I've been to the employees were pretentious and incompetent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SamBook