Early upgrade

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone able to get the note 2 before their upgrade date? I'm 13 days away and they won't allow it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

duenan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone able to get the note 2 before their upgrade date? I'm 13 days away and they won't allow it.

I tried 9 days early and Verizon said no way. Said I'd have to pay full retail since the note 2 was an 'iconic' phone.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Try calling dont bring up the upgrade and ask what you need to do to cancel your contract once the contract is over, see what they say.... then when they ask what they can do to keep you as customer ask to upgrade early...and maybe even get them to waive the upgrade fee.

rebelguy

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Try calling dont bring up the upgrade and ask what you need to do to cancel your contract once the contract is over, see what they say.... then when they ask what they can do to keep you as customer ask to upgrade early...and maybe even get them to waive the upgrade fee.

I tried this the other day. The customer service person said they were sorry to see me go but they couldn't do anything about it. I was actually really offended by the person's tone when she told me so i asked to be transferred to a supervisor. After explaining my poor customer service experience with the other agent the supervisor merely said he couldn't do anything about it and they were sorry to see me go after 8 years with them. Nothing else.

I debate about leaving but they have the best service in my area and with my corporate discount the pricing is pretty close to what i would pay with Sprint or T-mobile with lesser quality service. Sigh.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't talk to the customer service rep - asked to be transferred to the Loyalty Department. The CSR will probably ask why you want to be transferred and will try to help but get the loyalty folks on the line.

And most of all - be courteous. If you act like a walking head with ears, it won't help your case and you won't get anything.

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I am a verizon business member... On most phones they let you upgrade a month early. Do you guys know if it is possible for the note 2

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
They will send me a s3 if I wanted it. No point coming from a galaxy nexus

duenan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Why does it matter? They still get paid the same exact way

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

I agree totally but that's what they told me when I went in a few days ago. First they told me I can upgrade a month early (nov 13) so when I got the funds a few days back I went in and told them I wanted a new phone (note 2), so they said 'ok let's see what we can do'. As I'm looking at the note 2, the guy comes back and says I can't get the note 2 early or any apple devices but ANY other phone is fine. I said I talked to a Verizon person on the phone a month ago and he said there would be no problem. The guy tells me that's wrong. So I call Verizon back and explain that I'm in store trying to get a phone and says that I CAN get the note 2 as long as I do it online and wait 2 days - I'm impatient so I said no I would rather do it in store because the person i talked to said just go in a store and they will take care of you. Well, they didn't. I leave then call Verizon back the next day and then they say now I can't upgrade AT ALL because the note 2 is an 'iconic' device that needs supervisor approval to make the early upgrade change but they wont make the change for a note 2 and that there's nothing they can do for me except to wait out the remaining 9 days and come back on dec 13. Haven't talked to them since.

A bunch of BS, 3 different answers from 3 different people.

Podgorica

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
They moved it for me, the sales rep over the phone, no luck in stores prior to calling. 10 days early and I got note 2 for me and ip5 for my wife. You just have to get the right person. They can do it if they want. This was on the 27th and I just told her that I would like to get the note 2 because I am scarred it will be sold out when my upgrade is due and then she just slid in the ip5 uograde for my wife. They have a green light to move it up to 3 months for everything but apple products at least thats what they told me once.

Sent from My Note 2

kwjones

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Call the csr and tell them you want to cancel by the end of the month. After you complete the call you'll get a email about upgrading and you can also log in and see the upgrade status changed. I did this for the last 3 phones I have. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade is April. I get to upgrade with the Note2 in March

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Call the csr and tell them you want to cancel by the end of the month. After you complete the call you'll get a email about upgrading and you can also log in and see the upgrade status changed. I did this for the last 3 phones I have. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

When were you due an upgrade? They told me my upgrade isn't due until Feb 25th. They could upgrade me to any other device now, except the Note 2. Did you say you wanted to cancel at the end of the month a few months earlier than your upgrade date? Thanks.

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
just went through all this myself last week and this week. i finally called today since i was within the 7days and they ok'd the early. you have to call customer service to move the date up. once they move the date up the store will pull up your account and see that your eligible. bamm you got your self a new phone.
they (verizon) want NEW customers and ones you ARE eligible for an upgrade to get it, not ones who are "close"

rvgarryj

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy in store let me go a week early with manager approval. Not much but something if you're that close.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

grumpyjoe

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
So let me see if I understand some of you. You want a new phone. So you call Verizon and they tell you no you can't because it's too early. So you call again trying to get the answer you want. And when you don't get the answer you want you threaten to cancel your contract? And when they basically tell you, CYA! You get upset. Ya know, my daughter gave me a ultimatum one time when she was 10. Yea, she lost. I just don't understand some of you. I can't upgrade till Feb and thats the way it's gotta be. Oh well. If you don't like the phone you have, maybe you should have researched it a little better the first time around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez